Action Against Hunger | ACF International is an international humanitarian organization committed to saving the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with sustainable access to safe water and long-term solutions to hunger.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the below position:
Location: Damaturu, Yobe state, Nigeria
Contract duration: 12 months
Donor: USAID, Food for Peace (FFP) program
Direct Line Manager: FSL Program Coordinator or Field Coordinator
Technical Supervisor: FSL Program Coordinator
- Ensure ongoing context analysis with a focus on market assessment, risk analysis and strengthen the quality of Cash Based Interventions (CBIs)
- Provide guidance and advice to the program teams so that cash based interventions are always justified and based on sound needs assessment and gap analysis.
- Undertake market assessment and analysis to ensure the transfers do not cause negative effects on program beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries.
- Contribute to program design and technical positioning.
- Provide backstopping on market analysis and train field team on market assessment tools such as EMMA, MIFIRA and others
- Ensure that ACF methodologies for targeting and distributing cash and vouchers are followed.
- Ensure that M&E procedures for CBIs are adapted, understood and followed.
- Facilitate the integration of CBI with Nutrition and WASH programs interventions and ensure collaboration with support teams (Logistic, Administration Security management, Human Resources) and external actors
- Identify program implementation modalities that enhance departmental integration, participant targeting criteria, mobilization approaches, transfer mechanisms, local partnerships, seasonality of FSL activities.
- Ensure ACF gender policy is fully addressed and followed
- Support program budget design by identifying planned personnel, activity, and resources.
- Responsible for FSL monthly cash projections, in coordination with PMs/APMs and monitor monthly BFUs.
- Ensure that CBI is coherent within the different bases and phases of the emergency, as well as across sectors
- Prepare internal and external reports for ACF and donors, including case studies and success stories.
- Ensure effective management of FSL CASH and Vouchers program resources and staff
- Ensure the respect of procedures and agreed timeframes around activity planning, budget design and management, cash forecast, procurement follow-up, monthly reports, technical reports, etc.
- Define objectives, update staff job descriptions and facilitate regular performance appraisals in consultation with HR Manager and Base Administrator
- Identify training needs and work with HR department to develop and implement relevant training plans
- Motivate, coordinate and supervise teams, providing continuous technical and organizational support to staff and conducting regular field visits
- Facilitate cross program learning through joint review and planning meeting with other departments.
- Ensure the respect of ACF policies and regulations by staff
- Ensure Cash and Voucher program quality and accountability in link with the PQA/M&E unit where applicable
- Ensure strict program adherence to ACF technical protocols, administrative systems and other relevant quality standards such as the CBI guideline, the CBI log admin SOP, the IGA guideline, the Food Aid positioning papers; etc.
- Contribute to the appropriate development of high quality technical monitoring systems, indicators and supporting tools to monitor the impact and outcome of FSL CBI programs
- Coordinate regular program monitoring that includes participatory monitoring, effectiveness of ACF facilitation, progress toward achieving targets and measuring stated indicators and adherence to ACF humanitarian principles
- Contribute to the development and implementation of systems to reduce the risk of corruption and conflict of interest by program staff and local authorities; and increase accountability and transparency of operations.
- Support internal and external evaluation of current and previous programs in the operational area
- Contribute to high quality technical and donor reporting to ACF and donor standards
- Support learning and application of innovative approaches at field level in collaboration with other ACF technical departments and external partners
- Ensure documentation and capitalization of lessons learnt and good practices
- Establish accountability mechanisms and ensure standards are met across the program
- Represent ACF externally with local authorities, donors and partner agencies
- Represent ACF externally and coordinate with government authorities at local, national and state levels (NEMA and SEMA), NGOs and UN agencies; give regular updates to the main stakeholders as necessary
- Ensure that relevant stakeholders have a clear understanding of ACF charter, background, program objectives and activities in the field
- Defend humanitarian principles
- Collaborate with potential partners in the field (local CBOs, farmers groups/associations, local committees) to improve the coverage and the efficiency of ACF programs
- Ensure active presence and participation in local cash working groups and relevant cluster meetings
- Engage with the private sector (bankers, traders, technology providers etc..) to analyze and use existing systems and tools, making more efficient the transfer of resources
- Host donor visits as needed and ensure correct application of visibility rules on behalf of donors
Internal & External relationships:
- Others Program Managers: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach)
- FSL Coordinator: hierarchical relationship – technical support – exchange of information
- Nutrition and WASH Coordinators: exchange of information and collaboration on program issues
- Field Coordinator: hierarchical relationship – exchange of information and collaboration on program, operational and security issues
- Head of Base: Collaboration and exchange of information on relations with Government Institutions at district level, operational and security issues
- Logistic Coordinator: exchange of information and collaboration on procurement planning, purchasing and follow-up and other logistics matters
- Administrative Coordinator: exchange of information and collaboration on budget design, cash forecast, budget follow-up and other financial matters
- HR Coordinator: exchange of information and collaboration on recruitment, training plans, appraisals and team management issues
- Deputy Country Director: exchange of information and collaboration on strategic issues
- Country Director: exchange of information and collaboration on strategic issues
- Local governmental and non-governmental partners : exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options
- Local representatives of international aid organizations : exchange of information
- Donor representatives: hosting field visits, exchange of information
- Cluster and other coordination forums
- Monthly reports (narrative, market price and APR), weekly/monthly contribution to mission SITREP
- Donor reports as required by each grant
- Monitoring reports
- Learning documents and case studies
- Ad-hoc reports (assessments reports, newsletter…)
- Bachelor of Arts or Science/Bac+4 (or higher) in International Development, Economics, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Geography, Agriculture, Livestock or related studies
- Minimum 2 years work experience in similar setting and responsibility
- Minimum 2 years humanitarian experience
Skills & Experience:
- Good communication, writing and analytical skills
- Good team management and representation competencies
- Training in cash/vouchers transfers programming
- Knowledge of cash, market based, food assistance, agriculture, livestock or other livelihood based programming in humanitarian settings
- Experience in assessment, monitoring or evaluation
- Familiarity with ACF and acceptance of ACF’s principles
- Experience of CBIs including food vouchers transfers programming and e-payments
- Experience on Market Analysis (EMMA, MIFIRA, or another approach for market analysis) is an advantage
- Skills on statistical software (SPSS, SPHINX, etc.)
- Experience with major institutional and UN donors and donor procedures (ECHO/EC, OFDA/USAID, DFID, CIDA, WFP, etc.)
- Any context specific experience (specify)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online. Note: In the job list, scroll down to 'Field positions - NIGERIA.' Click on the job under it.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale