Latest Career at Best Search Recruitment
Posted on: 17 September, 2014
Deadline: 29 September, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Best Search Recruitment
Best Search Recruitment Limited - Our client is looking to recruit a self motivated Data Centre and Cloud Solution Specialist
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring maximum uptime on existing hardware/networks.
- Performing as needed, hardware/network maintenance or configuration changes as directed.
- Responsible for ensuring proper deployment of new hardwares, including servers, switches and storage arrays.
- Provide quick and timely updates to work tickets, and provide prompt responses to requests
- Identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and
- responsiveness, makes recommendations and implements efficiencies as necessary.
- Ensure orderliness, maintains accurate hardware inventory records and publishes best practice procedures for operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering
- At least five (5) years’ specific experience in related field.
- Certifications such as CCIE, CCNA, EMCIE, EMCTA, VCP, etc. are given a preference
- Solid understanding of network deployment process.
- The individual needs to understand the basics of PXE booting, TFTP, DHCP and HTTP. WDS/WAIK for windows deployment is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Linux. Any Linux, but preferably RedHat variants.
- The person needs to know how to install Linux and manage it.
- Individual MUST have advanced Linux experience, understanding Linux infrastructure technologies including WSRR, WODM, OpenAM, PostgreSQL, Mule, LDAP and WMQ.
- Expert level knowledge in all Cisco switching products, as well as Cisco UCS and Nexus 1000v.
- Expert level knowledge in Vmware, vCenter, SRM, ESX Virtualization, EMC
- VNX, Isilon SANCitrix XenApp / XenDesktop, Active Directory infrastructure technologies, Hyper-V and KVM.
- Should have hands-on experience with Cisco UCS compute cluster, Cisco 1000v VSM within vSphere 5.
- Strong knowledge in all other areas of: Data Center Networking Design & planning, Layer2 network design and architecture including expertise with switching and/or routing platforms from Cisco, SAN switching
- Expert knowledge in VCE Vblock cloud infrastructure, IaaS (infrastructure as a service) BaaS (Backup as a service), RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- cloud implementation
- Solid understanding of a chassis/hardware installation process including changing the hardware components/configuration (hard drive, Memory, CPU, PCI cards).
- Should have deployed VCE VBLOCK 100,300 and 700.
- Good knowledge and ability to debug hardware problems – for example, if a node does not boot, the person needs to identify whether the problem is hardware (maybe like a bad DIMM), or the software.
- Individual will need some POST and OS boot experience.
- Scripting in any of the following is a plus – Perl, Python, Bash, XML, XPATH
- Windows management (AD, DHCP server, WDS), will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates can send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Best Search RecruitmentSimilar Jobs
- Interior Architect (Design) at PG Consulting Limited
- Admin Officer at Simeons Pivot Resources Limited
- Accountant at Mario Consulting Limited
- Jobs at SD Human Resources Limited
- Office Manager at Drudge Consulting Limited
- Female Social Media Administrator at Workforce Group
- Sales And Marketing Officer at Fadac Resources
- Customer Relationship Officer at Qualiserve Group