Latest Career at Best Search Recruitment
Posted on: 17 September, 2014
Deadline: 29 September, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Best Search Recruitment
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Best Search Recruitment Limited - Our client is looking to recruit a self motivated Data Centre and Cloud Solution Specialist
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring maximum uptime on existing hardware/networks.
- Performing as needed, hardware/network maintenance or configuration changes as directed.
- Responsible for ensuring proper deployment of new hardwares, including servers, switches and storage arrays.
- Provide quick and timely updates to work tickets, and provide prompt responses to requests
- Identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and
- responsiveness, makes recommendations and implements efficiencies as necessary.
- Ensure orderliness, maintains accurate hardware inventory records and publishes best practice procedures for operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering
- At least five (5) years’ specific experience in related field.
- Certifications such as CCIE, CCNA, EMCIE, EMCTA, VCP, etc. are given a preference
- Solid understanding of network deployment process.
- The individual needs to understand the basics of PXE booting, TFTP, DHCP and HTTP. WDS/WAIK for windows deployment is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Linux. Any Linux, but preferably RedHat variants.
- The person needs to know how to install Linux and manage it.
- Individual MUST have advanced Linux experience, understanding Linux infrastructure technologies including WSRR, WODM, OpenAM, PostgreSQL, Mule, LDAP and WMQ.
- Expert level knowledge in all Cisco switching products, as well as Cisco UCS and Nexus 1000v.
- Expert level knowledge in Vmware, vCenter, SRM, ESX Virtualization, EMC
- VNX, Isilon SANCitrix XenApp / XenDesktop, Active Directory infrastructure technologies, Hyper-V and KVM.
- Should have hands-on experience with Cisco UCS compute cluster, Cisco 1000v VSM within vSphere 5.
- Strong knowledge in all other areas of: Data Center Networking Design & planning, Layer2 network design and architecture including expertise with switching and/or routing platforms from Cisco, SAN switching
- Expert knowledge in VCE Vblock cloud infrastructure, IaaS (infrastructure as a service) BaaS (Backup as a service), RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
- cloud implementation
- Solid understanding of a chassis/hardware installation process including changing the hardware components/configuration (hard drive, Memory, CPU, PCI cards).
- Should have deployed VCE VBLOCK 100,300 and 700.
- Good knowledge and ability to debug hardware problems – for example, if a node does not boot, the person needs to identify whether the problem is hardware (maybe like a bad DIMM), or the software.
- Individual will need some POST and OS boot experience.
- Scripting in any of the following is a plus – Perl, Python, Bash, XML, XPATH
- Windows management (AD, DHCP server, WDS), will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates can send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Best Search RecruitmentSimilar Jobs
- Drivers at Fosad Consulting
- Jobs at Imisi Partners
- HR Consultant at Martyns Consulting
- Finance Manager at KPMG Nigeria
- Sales Manager at Proten International
- Event Manager at Pete Gelton Consulting
- Latest Jobs at Inter-Arc Consultants Ltd
- Personal Assistant at the Perfect PA