Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Greengates Specialties Limited was established over 20 years ago to distribute, act as manufacturers' representative and franchisee for the chemical ingredient industry as well as provide technical after-sales support to the food, cosmetic and allied industries.
Greengates Specialties Limited is the fastest growing and the most structured chemical ingredi...
Read more about this company
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join our team! As our CFO, you will be responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of our company. You will be responsible for providing strategic financial, operational, programmatic, and functional supports to the organization and supervises the accounting and finance departments of all the Strategic Business Units. Assists Executive Management on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and securing new funding needs to ensure smooth operations of the business.
In addition, you will also contribute to the development of our financial and operational strategy, KPIs, and the ongoing development and monitoring of the financial system.
The Financial Controller shall reports directly to the Group Managing Director (GMD) and directly assists the Strategic Business Units on all strategic and tactical matters of the Group.
- Strategically partner with the MDs and the GMD to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing, and action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, profitability, and cost control.
- Provide strategic counsel to MDs and the GMD with respect to administering, on a day-to-day basis, the financial and administrative operations of the organization.
- Monitor and updating financial infrastructure to keep pace with changing needs, such as compliance issues, reporting requirements, tax, and accounting issues, insurance requirements, etc.
- Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of relevant processes and standard operating procedures, which assist in enhancing short-range and long-range financial and organizational stability.
- Ensures compliance with professional accounting standards, rules, regulations, and laws by directing, supervising, and facilitating the preparation and maintenance of required and appropriate financial records, monthly and annual financial reports, and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state, local agencies, or established accounting standards.
- Oversee the investment and cash management strategy, has responsibility for banking and investment relationships. Develop cash management strategy to optimize cash balances in operating and short-term investment accounts for four separate entities.
- Perform market, customer, and project analysis to proactively identify both new opportunities and potential risks to future business performance.
- Work with programmatic units to draft prospective programmatic budgets, determine the cost-effectiveness of potential service among others.
- Establish intercompany fee agreements, overseeing accounting, cash and investment transfers within and between companies.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department to include monitoring and analyze monthly operating results against budgets.
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports.
- Lead reporting, forecasting, and planning processes, including providing financial targets for profitable growth and proactive analysis of financial statements for opportunities to increase income. Ensure the accuracy of all financial statements and ensure strong program and project financial controls.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues.
- Coordinate and oversee financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public.
- Monitors all balance sheet accounts associated with contracts managed by Social Solutions including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverable, etc.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Management Team to ensure company objectives are met.
- Establish quality standards for service level requirements for finance and procurement.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all stakeholders of the organization, including raising funds for the company, the Board of Directors, Investors, service provider and employers.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of:
- Adequate knowledge of Group operations accounting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Current trends, developments, and theories in Financial Technology and International Banking.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate financial law
- Hands-on experience with risk management
- Hands-on experience with financial management software
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Problem solver and critical thinker mindset
- Current trends and developments in Nigeria Tax System, Pension Scheme and CBN Regulations including on Financial Institutions and PSP.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business; ACA/ACCA
- Minimum seven years financial management experience with a minimum five years in top management
- Experience as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or a similar role in a mid to large Group company, with mastery of Cost Accounting Standards, pricing and managing cost-based proposals/contracts, Principles, and other procurement regulations.
- Experience in financial management of large complex organizations with varied commercial clients.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
go to method of application »
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to provide support and stability in our accounting department. The preferred candidate will be responsible for tracking and evaluating day-to-day activities, monitoring general accounting practices, budgeting, monitoring internal accounting controls, tracking high volume corporate client accounts working together with a strong financial team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the existing accounting team in managing and overseeing the daily operations of the department
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Supporting the establishment and enforcement of proper accounting methods, policies and principle
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is no redundant process backup in place for every critical operation
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's goal and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Work with the financial controller on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts and partnership.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the team in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective new venture.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts/partnership and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure substantial documentation is approved and available such that all purchases/expenses are duly reviewed.
- Liaise with the existing team in the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to investors, development and monitoring of Company transactions, contracts and partnership.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Monitor banking activities of the Company.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and timely calculations of incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including carrying test for impairment.
Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Skill Set: What is required:
- Proven working experience as Accountant, Accounting Supervisor etc.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software ERP software and use of databases.
- Proven knowledge of book-keeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Understanding of Group/FMCG/Financial Institutions accounting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Current trends and developments in Nigeria Tax System, Pension Scheme and CBN Regulations on Financial Institutions among others.
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Minimum HND/BSc qualification, ICAN, ACA/ACCA
- At-least one, Accounting Professional Certification a must
- Minimum 3-5 Years of Experience, Accounting Supervisory role, in related industry
go to method of application »
Experienced Factory Manager
We are looking for an exceptionally experienced Factory Manager to join our dynamic team and take complete accountability for our overall manufacturing organization, manufacturing support, managing the day-to-day operations on the plant floor while increasing production and revenue.
The preferred candidate will be responsible for scheduling production, oversee daily operating reports and operation requirement run smoothly, while regularly walking the factory floor to monitor the performance of factory staff, and ensuring that all production orders are completed in a timely manner. You should be a strong leader with an analytical mind and excellent interpersonal communication skills who is also be able to enforce compliance with health and safety regulations to prevent accidents and injuries. Core experience in plastic manufacturing organization with competence in and around blow and injection machines will be very handy.
Factory Manager’s Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day floor operations
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies to streamline factory operations.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Manage scheduling for a fully operational team
- Allocate resources effectively
- Develop strategies to increase productivity and production
- Monitor all operations and processes
- Collaborating with quality control managers to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Analyzing production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety regulations
- Ensuring that factory machinery is in good working order.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs to ensure a safe working environment
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to key decision-makers.
- Prepare budgets using various forecasting models
- Report and track expenses to reduce costs
- Support employee screening, recruiting, and training new factory workers.
- Communicate with employees about performance expectations
- Motivating factory workers to continually achieve factory targets.
- Adhere to company's rules and regulations
- Stay up to date with latest production trends, best practices and technology
- Ensure all legal requirements, company safety procedures, and local and state health and safety regulations are met
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, business, or related field preferred
- Not less than 4 years’ previous experience as a plant manager, supervisor, or related role within a factory
- Certification in Production and Inventory Management as well as Quality Control will be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of industry-specific factory equipment i.e. plastic blow and injection machine etc.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal health and safety regulations
- Strong management skills with the ability to supervise multiple teams
- Strict adherence to company standards and safety procedures
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- In-depth knowledge of industry and its place in the market
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Role also open to Indian professionals national already resident in Nigeria
Method of Application
This job has expired. Application is no longer allowed