We are seeking a motivated and energetic artist to join our company as a Video or Motions Graphic Designer. As part of our team, you create video content and visual assets for use across a wide variety of media, including social media, mobile platforms, and emerging media.
Job Description (Position Overview)
The video or motions graphic designer is charged with determining the best ways for us to visually represent our client’s work in the ministry. It is very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level creative concepts for the client including branding, animations and infographics for video, and social media outlets. It also involves working internally with the client, pitching designs, and understanding te client needs and objectives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables (corporate videos, eLearning, websites, marketing demos, etc.)
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project.
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation, etc for graphic design.
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Research and analyze best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics.
- Assist in designing and creating storyboards.
- Participate in brainstorming session to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and design standards.
- Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or related field; may be substituted with commensurate work experience
- At least 2 years of visual design and video editing experience
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, video editing and web limitations; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to team members
- A demonstrated working knowledge of experience design, brand development, and creative process
- Strong knowledge of Adobe collections, InDesign, Canva, Photoshop and Illustrator, in addition to an understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A team player, who is also self-motivated.
Full-time position with three months introductory period.