job ref: VIPS - ABJ
Our client offers exceptional learning environment encouraging young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
- To supervise, coordinate and oversee all academic & non-curriculum affairs schedule of duties of the school.
- To help devise, implement and monitor strategies for rising levels of achievement and standards to ensure excellent outcomes for students and quality instruction.
- To analyse internal and external examination data throughout the school in order to identify trends and providing improvement driven-support for students and departments where appropriate.
- To lead the non-teaching administrative staff to provide administration and support for the efficient management of resources.
- To actively participate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, in the contribution towards and oversight of the strategic direction and leadership of the college.
- To take on any additional responsibilities and duties (determined in discussion with the Principal), commensurate with the post, as may be requested or assigned or directed by the Principal.
Directly report to: The Principal
Directly Supervises: Heads of Department, Curriculum and Examination Unit, Teachers, and Students
Internal: Principal, HoDs, Academic Staff, Support Staff etc
External: Prospective Students, Parents, Guests, Alumni, Government Education Quality Assurance Departments & Vendors, etc
- As a member of the School Leadership Team, assist the Principal in maintaining an inspirational working environment of high quality performance in standards and leadership.
- Assist the Principal in the overall supervision of the teaching and non-teaching staff as well as students with respect to the daily movement of staff, regular attendance and punctuality at school and in classes.
- Supervise in a fair and consistent manner effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school and in accordance with due process and other laws and regulations.
- Support the Principal in establishing and implementing an instructional vision and a focused plan for improving students’ achievement while narrowing the disparities between the highest and lowest performing students.
- Create, develop and sustain collaborative professional relationships and behaviours that result in active student engagement in the learning process.
- Demonstrate self-awareness and self-management that enhance the image of the school and the education profession.
- Lead and motivate the School Admin Team through promoting a culture of service excellence and growth, and to ensure the effective management of administrative and operations matters.
- Work collaboratively with the Principal and engage staff and others in shared vision for effective Curriculum development, delivery, assessment and monitoring.
- Participate in and support the implementation of the school’s Performance Management & Assessment system.
- Demonstrate the skills of effective communication and relationship management with students, colleagues and others.
- Work collaboratively with School Leadership Team to improve professional practice and Personnel Management.
- Work collaboratively with School Leadership Team to improve Professional Practice/ Personnel Management and to ensure that personnel evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth, and excellence, in accordance with the policy, and contractual requirements.
- Take on any additional responsibilities and duties commensurate with the post, as may be requested or assigned by the Principal.
Academic & professional Qualification:
- First degree in Education, Social Sciences, Administration or a related field.
- A Master’s degree and/or Professional Certification would be an added advantage.
- A Qualified Teacher status or recognized teaching license is preferred (TRCN)
- Minimum of Six (6) years at a management level preferably & at least three (3) years as a Vice-Principal and five (5) years as a Supervisor
- A proven track record of excellent teaching
- Experience in School Management, Curriculum Development, Education Model Design and Implementation and in similar functional area is an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and education management systems.
- Experience in strategic planning, finance and human resource management would be an advantage.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Grade Category Competencies:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Compassion and empathy
- Critical thinking and analytic/problem solving skills
- Team building skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Resilience and motivation Skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to coach and inspire
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in education
- Stress management skills
- Positive approach to change and continuous improvement.
- Strong People management skills
- Working sound computer skills particularly in Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Databases.
- Quality Management Knowledge
- Strategic Planning
- Relationship Management.
- Crisis management
- Personnel Management
- Talent Management
- Change Management.
- Total Quality Management Knowledge
- Strategic Planning
Salary is open to negotiation