Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
With a population of over 150 million people, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. Political unrest, poor governance and corruption have led to decades of water shortages, while the population has increased rapidly.
Though there is surface and ground water, rapid population growth, particularly in urban areas, has not been supported with addition...
WaterAid Nigeria wishes to -institutionalize an EAP to support the mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing of its employees. This includes counselling and/or other therapy sessions. EAPs are becoming increasingly commonplace in organisations and support our value of putting people first. These programmes can support stress-related conditions, whether through life or work events and promote a healthier work-life balance.
In line with our Global People Strategy, WaterAid is committed to supporting staff to thrive, through meaningful work in a healthy working environment. Therefore putting people first remains a priority for us, particularly their mental health and emotional well-being.
WaterAid Nigeria strives to ensure that working conditions support effective and efficient service delivery while taking into account employees’ personal conditions, as this impacts performance at work. It is against this background that WaterAid Nigeria is seeking an experienced mental health and wellness organisation to provide Employee Assistance Programme services for its staff
The specific objective of this Programme is to assist WaterAid Nigeria employees who may be going through periods of distress or struggling emotionally to:
- Cope, manage and balance their personal and work-related problem
- Reduce absenteeism, unsatisfactory work performance,
- Minimize loss of concentration on the job and address perceived workload issues.
- Develop proper way of managing emotions
Scope of Work
- The successful individual/organisation will provide a range of services targeted at managing distress arising from family situations, and social & professional relationships, as well as mental wellness support, recovery from substance abuse and post-traumatic stress counselling.
- Unlimited access to 24/7/365 confidential services via phone call/ email/ text/ Whatsapp and other means possible, including anonymous, toll-free hotline that staff can call if they feel overwhelmed at work or at home.
- Able to provide these services in different locations where WaterAid staff are based across the country, this includes Abuja, Enugu, Bauchi, Lagos, Plateau, Adamawa, Yobe, and Borno states.
- Recommend other interventions employees may need as necessary beyond the EAP.
- Provide any follow-up service required to keep track of the employee’s progress.
- Provision of quarterly and annual management reports that do not disclose employees’ confidential details.
- Capacity to adapt services to changing and varying demands.
- Have mental health awareness sessions with WaterAid staff twice in a year one of such session to coincide with WaterAid Wellbeing day.
- Prompt service
- 24/7 accessibility
- Dedicated experienced personnel
- Staff satisfaction feedback
- Quarterly and annual report
The initial duration of the contract is 24 months subject to satisfactory performance and review prior to renewal.
Service Provider Requirements
- The EAP service provider must be capable of providing a comprehensive range of services, covering family and lifestyle situations, social & professional relationships, mental wellness support, recovery from substance abuse and traumatic events, and lifestyle management services
- The EAP service provider must provide unlimited access to 24/7/365 confidential services. The service provider typically should have an anonymous, free hotline that anyone can call if they feel overwhelmed by stress at work.
- The EAP service provider must be geographically accessible to all WaterAid Nigeria employees in different locations (locations already mentioned above).
- The service provider shall offer services communicated in English, Pidgin and 1 or 2 local languages.
- The Service provider should have a minimum of Five years’ experience in providing Employee Assistance Programmes and be registered with a relevant Professional Body or Association recognized locally or internationally.
- The Service provider is required to provide proof that they have successfully facilitated or performed similar assignments previously, with client lists. This must be in the form of testimonial(s) or reference letter(s) proving that such services were executed.
- The EAP provider should allow for adaptability and agree how and when the service can be adjusted or enhanced for maximum effectiveness.The EAP service provider must showcase a team of trained/professional counsellors with valid credentials in treating a variety of conditions. i.e. mental ill health, stress, depression, substance abuse, grief/bereavement etc.
- Team Leader/EAP Coordinator should have University Degree, with a major in Clinical Psychology or Psychiatry and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing EAP services.
- Team members should have a University degree or it’s equivalent with three years’ experience in Clinical Psychology, Psychiatry or Social Work.
- Registration with recognized professional bodies.
Service Plan (Technical and Financial)
- The service provider’s technical proposal should clearly demonstrate that they understood the TOR requirements, have adequate infrastructure (offices with contact number and physical address) to execute the job.
- The Service provider should have a call centre (toll free line), consulting rooms, materials and equipment.
The Financial Proposal should cover cost of services, materials and staffing for the EAP plan.
The billing should provide 3 options as outlined below
- At a flat rate per staff per month,
- At a rate per session per month
- Flat rate per staff with unlimited contact.
The service provider shall provide a confidentiality statement for data protection purposes. Staff sensitive information and bio-data shared during the process and in the course of implementing this assignment shall be kept secret and cannot be used or shared with third parties.
Service Provider Management
WaterAid Nigeria will be responsible for:
- Facilitating awareness sessions with staff by agreeing on dates and methodology for presentations to staff.
- Prompt payment of invoice received from the service provider.
- Quarterly review of employee satisfaction survey report and provide recommendations to the EAP service provider for improvement
The Service provider shall:
- Assign an EAP Coordinator to liaise with WaterAid’s Head of People and Organisational Development (HPOD) or his designate on all matters related to the EAP service provision to WaterAid Nigeria (WANG)
- Make presentations to sensitize employees on the EAP and how to access services. This could be done virtually or face to face.
- Submit monthly service utilization reports of level/types of requests (individual/formal referral cases) and number of service requisitions undertaken.
- Submit annual reports and annual employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hold Quarterly meetings with HPOD to highlight and or escalate potential life-threatening or dangerous situations
Qualified service providers are to send their proposals to email@example.com on or before 6 October, 2023.
Proposal should be detailed and not limited to the following;
Number of years of service, experience, references, current clients list, evidence of experienced and professional staff, detailed implementation approach, technology readiness and network coverage.
Proposal should also include certified copies of qualifications for key personnel and registration certificates (Health Professional Bodies) for team members.