Our client is an affiliate of a leading multinational corporation in the Consumer Electronics and Home Appliances industry with an outstanding line of cutting-edge products and premium services enjoyed around the world. Their highly innovative and resourceful workforce is driven by an enduring commitment towards developing technology for the improvement of lives in their local communities and for a better world. As the company continues to deepen and expand its operations across Nigeria, it requires and invites applications from highly experienced, talented and motivated professionals for the various positions detailed below.
Job field: Marketing/Finance
Reports to: MD/CEO
Job Objectives and Primary Responsibilities
To support the company’s sustainable growth objectives and maintain its competitive advantage at all times, the Strategy and Corporate Development Lead (SCDL) will oversee the development and execution of appropriate corporate strategies, blueprints and projects in line with evolving market development. The SCDL will also provide timely advice on market positioning and efficiency initiatives to leaders within the company’s business and operations functions. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with the MD/CEO to coordinate the development of long-term corporate strategy and provide guidance on the business plan and strategies through the identification of strategic initiatives, opportunities and imperatives that improve business growth, profitability and efficiency for all departments within the organization
- Oversee the conduct of strategy retreat/planning exercise to drive corporate strategy articulation and implementation
- Develop weekly/ quarterly/ annual performance measures that will determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies and identify areas for strategic improvement
- Conduct periodic review, analysis and reporting of the company’s performance on its strategic plans
- Oversee the research and analysis of macroeconomic, industry and competitive trends across regions of operation and report findings, implications, and opportunities to the Executive Management team
- Develop forecasts for evolution of consumer electronics demand, market shares, prices, and costs based on forecast evolution of the macro-economic and competitive environment
- Develop appropriate mechanisms in conjunction with the MD/CEO to generate new business development/ investment ideas for the company
- Work with the MD/CEO to articulate the company’s business development philosophy and provide economic and financial analysis to support business development decisions
- Liaise with the supply chain and marketing managers to agree on the best positioning for the organization’s product lines
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO
Education/ Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree (second class lower) or its equivalent in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field and discipline
- An MBA or relevant post-graduate/professional qualification (i.e., ACA, ACA or ACCA, CTP, CPA and CFA) is mandatory.
Work Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in the consumer electronics or related industry or strategy consulting in similar role
- Good appreciation of the principles and techniques of strategic planning including knowledge of corporate scorecard and performance measurement
- Excellent research and analytical skills with good problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong strategic/holistic thinking ability with appreciation for systemic impact of issues or solutions
- Experience in market/industry analysis with ability to use/apply technology in daily activities for data interpretation, risk management as well as data visualization tools to communicate analysis and insights
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as presentation skills
- Strong work ethics and integrity
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Successful candidates will receive very attractive and competitive remuneration package and benefits in line with industry standards.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward a soft copy (Word Document) of their curriculum vitae with a cover letter/email of application (stating the position applied for as subject title) to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on 30th June 2022. Please note that only candidates deemed to have met the above requirements will be contacted through their stated contact details (i.e., by SMS to telephone number or by email address provided).