Job Code LTS/UNI/BOR/22/SNF
- Maintaining financial records.
- Handling accounts payable and receivable.
- Contacting clients about transactions and invoices.
- Handling queries related to accounts.
- Checking invoices.
- Resolving accounts to the general ledger
- The Finance Officer duties will also include processing of financial transactions
- Ensure that financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial reports are timely provided according to financial guidelines i.e. monthly.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements, and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations, and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Advice and assist staff members on all aspects of travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and paid after authorization of due for claims and services.
- Keeping inventory for office consumables
- Support program activities such as vendors selection processes, quotes, etc
- Assist in signing and collection of program attendance sheet
- Making photocopies of transactions and storing for office use.
- Oversee stationeries usages
- Record all assets and liabilities in the cash book on a weekly/monthly basis and follow properly their settlement.
- Ensure that all payments of suppliers are cleared on time
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of all assets/liabilities in the assigned state.
- Ensure that the withholding taxes are well calculated, recorded in the cash book, and paid monthly.
- Follow up on the staff statutory and taxes payment on a monthly basis and ensure that all receipts are collected and archived.
- Collect the tax clearance certificate or credit notes when the payment is done.
- Other duties as assigned. Participate in audits preparation/execution (compilation of audit requirements)
- Provide feedback and enhance internal controls to satisfy audit requirements; take part in providing data and records during the audit process; reports immediately on irregular spending
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must possess a second class upper/upper credit
- Candidates with ICAN or ACCA qualification or its equivalent is preferred
- Additional professional certifications or postgraduate qualification is an added advantage
- 2-3 years experience in finance-related roles
- Proficient in the use of Quick book accounting software
- Ability to develop financial budgets for donors
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience in an NGO on a UN government-funded project is required.
Email your CV, one Previous project report, and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following code on the mail subject: POSITION CODE:
Addressed to the Human resources Manager and include the position code and position on the subject of your mail.
Standards of Professional Conduct: LETSAI and LETSAI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the LETSAI Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, LETSAI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: LETSAI is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Nigerian NGO Sector.
LETSAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Please take note that the Learning through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.