Our client, a co-operative society who is in business to provide members with needs of common interest, is looking to hire a Risk, Control & Compliance (RCC) Officer in Port - Harcourt
Reports To: Manager; Governance, Compliance, Communications and Treasury Manager
To ensure the Cooperative and its subsidiaries operates in compliance with external and internal polices and processes and that internal controls exist with adequate measures to manage all business and regulatory risks
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement audit, inspections, investigations, verifications, self-assessment and other control activities to ensure the organization adheres to set of internal policy, procedures and applicable laws / Regulations
- Track and follow-up corrective and preventive actions from audits, investigation, meetings and other action sources to ensure timely and quality completion
- Support in the identification, assessment, control, documentation and periodic review of all enterprise Risks and opportunities to prevent the crystallization of risks
- Responsible for maintenance, storage, updates and control of company policies, procedures, documents, records and other information assets
- Carry out tracking, reconciliation and analysis of movement of liquid assets (Cash and investment) and highlight / reports on deviations for any transactions
- Assist in drafting letters, memo, minutes, agreements, presentations and reports for presentation to management, Board and members
- Assist in maintaining dashboard and tasks monitoring, as well as overseeing the work of junior adhoc admin staff.
- Monitor, communicate and report compliance to company statement of business principles and ethical standards
- Develop and implement innovative solutions and process to enhance Risk, compliance and control functions of the organization.
- Manage daily payment upload on all banking platform and regularly provide payment status report.
- Maintain report of daily bank balances and submit weekly report to the treasury manager
- Maintain monthly cash movement report and provide report to the treasury manager by 5th working day of the month for previous month report.
- Ensure daily account reconciliation and provide monthly reconciliation report.
- Track monthly budget performance and provide timely report.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Coop Management Committee
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of control improvements implemented per quarter vis a vis number of ineffective controls
- % close out of compliance plan, scheduled corrective / preventive action items 3. % of ineffective controls
- Currency of corporate governance documents (Designated Financial Authority, Corporate Management System, Policies & Procedures)
- Zero incident of avoidable loss of commercial value or incident of administrative sanctions and penalties for non-compliance in relation to areas of responsibility.
- % Implementation of annual Risk and compliance plan
- Timeliness and quality of reporting of on control, risk management and compliance activities
Skills / Competence Requirements:
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert understanding of admin, contract and finance principles
- Risk assessment and management capabilities
- Audit and investigation skills
- Detailed and time conscious
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative rules for financial institution
- Ability to interpret rules, apply rules to real-life facts and attention to details
- Good use of excel and financial monitoring and reporting tools
- Integrity, ethical and principled
- Sound verbal & written communication
- Sound financial understanding
- Planning and Budgeting Skills
- Negotiating skills
- Strategic Focus/ Orientation
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Supervisory Skills
- Direct labour Leadership / Influencing
- Initiative/ taking ownership''
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Law, accounting, finance, or economics or other Business Administration courses
- Minimum of 2nd Class Lower
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience
- Experience in relevant role in a banking or financial institution an added advantage
- MBA is an added advantage