Role: Mid-Senior Level
Our Client is an NGO that drives positive change in Africa through her bespoke intervention programs that engender youth transitions in the areas of entrepreneurship, civic involvement, social status shift, as well as employability.
Consequent to recent strategic expansion, the organization is seeking to hire a Project Lead for its Nigeria Youth Futures Funds (NYFF) Project, which aims to strengthen, support and enable young people in Nigeria for youth leadership, activism and social change through outcome-driven policy engagements and inclusive resourcing that will equip youth in shaping and supporting medium and long-term national development.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize and ensure the successful implementation of the Nigeria Youth Futures Fund Program; Plan, manage and deliver the Nigeria Youth Futures Funds (NYFF) project in accordance with the set timelines and requirements.
- Coordinate the implementation of a bi-annual visioning retreats and state-level vision workshops for various cohorts of the program towards facilitating and driving evidence-based policy engagement.
- Plan, implement and facilitate capacity building and strengthening courses/workshops for Nigerian youth leaders and organizations
- Lead the process of curriculum design and development for the capacity building and strengthening courses.
- Coordinate thought leadership activities within the program which includes but is not limited to the creation and dissemination of thematic reports by the working groups
- Follow up to ensure the regular and timely update of the thematic reports.
- Supervise and support the monitoring and evaluation processes for the program
- Oversee all activities related to granting and sub granting for youth leaders and organization.
- Supervise all activities relating to engagement and participation of program beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the virtual/physical Community(ies) of Practice (VCoP).
- Oversee all activities relating to digital media and online policy engagements through the NYFF online repository.
- Coordinate the selection process for national and sub-national futures working groups members, vendors and other resource persons required for successful delivery of the program.
- Efficiently manage the program budget and ensure the transparent and efficient use of funds.
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Leadership and Advisory Board
- Ensure the fulfilment of all your job tasks and deliverables. Prepare and share regular weekly and monthly reports with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage in other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the organization and as assigned by supervisor.
The required candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in any field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ robust experience and active engagement in youth leadership development, international development, public policy or associated fields at a management level.
- Experience in program design and delivery, policy analysis and monitoring and evaluation.
- Think strategically with a high level of creativity, conceptualization and problem solving skills.
- Possess very good interpersonal skills, negotiation skill, sound judgment.
- Strong work ethics; Positive attitude to work; Willing to travel locally and regionally
- Proficient in the use of MS office suite, Google suite, data entry and analysis tools
- Excellent communication and speaking skills both oral and written.
- Great presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Performance driven and mission oriented.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- An individual cut out for youth leadership, activism and social change.
- Entrepreneurial in nature and proactive.
- Looking to work in a fast-paced project and organization.
Key Competencies Required to succeed in this role:
Program/Project Management Skills
- Personal and Organizational Leadership skills
- Stakeholder Management Skills
- Budget Management Skills
- Training Facilitation Skills
- Coaching Skills
- Impact Measurement Skills
- Networking Skills
Qualified and interested applicants should please forward CVs to [email protected]com using OLW-9-21 as subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.