The Alliance for International Medical Action is recruiting Medical Doctor Covid19 for its project in Owo, Ondo State:
MEDICAL DOCTOR COVID19 OWO PROJECT
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
Location: Owo LGA
Line Manager: Project Coordinator
Technical Manger: Medical Coordinator
Recruiting Manager: Project Coordinator and MedCo
In compliance with ALIMA standard practices and protocols, ensure Good Medical Practices in patient care management in the Covid19 Unit in FMCO: Consultations (as required), health education, medial prescriptions, data collection & analysis, reporting and staff management (if any).
- Improve the patient care and management in the covid19 unit in FMCO.
- Guarantee patient safety by complying with the protocol and the Rational use of drugs.
- Accompany the medical team in the good medical practices.
- Ensure the capitalization of the medical activity (indicators).
1- Medical activities
- All medical decisions taken must be discussed with the Consultant in-charge of the patients in the service.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Covid19 infection (based on clinical examinations, laboratory results and available tests);
- Perform the daily ward rounds of patients with covid19; confirmed or suspected in collaboration with the colleagues in the service.
- Ensure the implementation of the appropriate treatment, in accordance with ALIMA/NCDC recommendations and protocols;
- Participate in the follow up clinics for discharged patients with covid19;
- Ensure the smooth running of medical activities in the service (correct medication administration, adequate follow-up of patients ...);
- Ensure that results of investigations requested are available for decision making in patient’s care on a timely basis;
- Ensure the proper filling of forms needed from time to time. They are either to play supervisory roles or get the forms filled themselves. Such forms include, the CIF, CMF, daily progress forms for patients, and the clinical audit forms;
- Ensure He or She hands over properly to the next Doctor on call before leaving the service at the end of the day;
- Participate in all trainings and retraining of staff of the service with regards to the prompt detection, management and follow up of covid19 cases; suspected or confirmed and the effective management of Biomedical equipment in the service in general;
- Keep the patient and family informed of any changes;
- Work with the nurse supervisors and/or team leader and tell them what the needs are in terms of medical equipment and medicines in the service;
- Supervise triage (follow-up of notification forms, patient interview, list symptoms, substantial investigation, including contacts), admission, transfer and discharge of patients;
- Ensure that any patient who shows signs of covid19 or emergency is consulted within less than one hour and take all necessary measures for their proper management;
- Supervise the follow-up of admissions of patients with covid19 administrative level (sheet, register, medical file ...) and medical (prescription, drug administration ...) and ensure the oral and written transmission of this information;
- Organize information sessions with the patient and his family on the management of covid19 in collaboration with the nurses and if necessary, psycho-social team;
- Respect medical confidentiality and data confidentiality;
- Respect and participate in the operating rules of the center (in terms of hygiene, patient circuit ...);
- Participate in the identification of new needs, in terms of drugs and medical facilities, according to the pathologies encountered during practice;
- Participate in medical discussions based on knowledge and area of expertise;
- Participate in training and supervision of the investigation/referral team.
- Participate in the organization of activities in collaboration with the nurse supervisor, or team leader (Project coordinator);
- In accordance with the WHO, NCDC, national and ALIMA guidelines, and in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care, when the physician is not in service, he may need to define treatment protocols or to adapt treatments that nurses will have to implement.
3- Monitoring, analyze and report:
- Participate in the development of the action plan on the project’s activities.
- Monitor medical activities, analyze them in context by adopting a public health approach, and if necessary make proposals on their possible evolution;
- Report immediately to the technical representative (Project coordinator/Medical Referent) any problem arising in the service, particularly the loss / theft / degradation of medical equipment or medicines;
Immediately report any incident of exposure that occurred in the Center to the Medical Referent/Project coordinator and participate in the post-exposure care.
- Participate in the pharmacy order
- Analyze the consumption of drugs and consumable according to the data
- Report to the medco and project coordinator any abuse of drugs or consumable
- Participate in any pharmacy inventory if needed
Assume any duty requested by Medical coordination or the project Coordinator
Degree in MBBS
Essential 3-5 years’ experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work. Experience with NGO desirable. Covid19 experience is an asset.
ENGLISH is a MUST and local language (Yoruba and Hausa) would be an asset.
Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel).
Results, teamwork, team management, commitment, flexibility, commitment, stress management.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
NB: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
Work location: Owo, Ondo State.
Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable.