Senior Software Developer
The advancement of service deployment in Information Communication Technology via development of the front and back end of various technological platforms, mobile apps on various platforms, design, development and management of interactive websites, E-Commerce, Search Engine optimization etc.
Roles and Task Complexities:
Develop and manage Front and Back End of Software as well as mobile apps for Apple and Android devices
Designing the front end and developing the back end of innovative software and mobile apps from concept to launch. This responsibility will support the design and development of software and apps geared toward tech savvy end users.
- Develop and deliver technical multiple solutions
- Conceptualize creative ideas with the team
- Test and improve the design of websites and software.
- Develop codes to ensure they align with global best practices as well as approved software architecture guidelines
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for software projects
- Effectively collaborate with members of the team and assigned clients to ensure seamless achievement of deliverables and organisational objectives
- Maintain the appearance of websites and various software by enforcing content standards.
- Design visual imagery for software and ensure its alignment with the specific brand.
- Work with software content managers (writers and graphic designers; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.)
- Communicate design ideas using user flows, process flows, sitemaps, wireframes etc.
- Incorporate functionalities and features into software designs e.g. installation of security precautions
- Create quality mock-ups and prototypes
- Perform browser compatibility test on created designs, check the quality performance, etc., for creating complete user-friendly interface
- Develop effective application-based interface, design various paths and procedures for developing innovative technologies in designing, and working on websites as per the defined scripting code
- Design style sheets for websites
- Collaborate with teams to develop various customized web themes
- Create designs and documents on Photoshop before converting it into HTML pages, developing HTML pages for various browsers, along with incorporating new features on the same
- Utilise latest technologies and toolsets to meet client need and exceed client expectations
- Generate new ideas and concepts to solve organisational and client business problems
- Take a back-end coding and front-end design role from concept to launch
- Design best-in-class experiences that are elegant, intuitive, and that will delight users
- Work closely with team to apply and develop visual standards for mobile platforms
- Test all applications before roll-out.
- Utilize appropriate technical tools to develop the User Interface the client sees and interacts with on the technological platform.
Website Project Development
This entails the design, development and maintenance of websites and web apps for the organization and her clients.
- Develop, manage, and maintain the front end of various websites and other web development projects as assigned
- Support all digital/web-related initiatives and enhance user experience and functionality
- Create and edit web pages using web monitoring and analytics tools
- Work with agencies and service providers to ensure technical operationability
- Diagnose problems with the back and front end of software and applications when they occur and proffer implementable solutions accordingly.
- Update, edit, and maintain internal and external web content as directed by content managers
- Ensure 24/7 service availability of mobile media content and infrastructures
E-Commerce & Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Development and maintenance of front end of the organisation and client website’s e-commerce platform. This includes the sites' branding experience, content look and feel, messaging, information architecture, site features and functionality, as well as microsite and landing page support. The SEO (Search Engine Optimization) responsibility is to maximize the volume of inbound organic traffic from search engines to designated websites through a combination of on-page and off-page techniques, including link-building, social media strategy, viral marketing, content strategy, information architecture, and more.
- Develop the look and feel of the website and ensure a user-friendly experience such that the consumer is able to easily navigate and use features and functionality.
- Create business requirements related to back and front-end website development and communicate such requirements to the technology team accordingly.
- Review and provide input on site design concepts.
- Lead IA strategy for the site.
- Manage usability testing projects and set requirements.
- Generate relevant data for managerial decision making
- Benchmark against other Global Organizations to create "best-in-class" user experience.
- Work with team to ensure any UI/visual design work is compatible across the consumption landscape.
- Ensure all projects are fully documented
- Work with and engage 3rd Party vendors for services and technologies where appropriate for UX delivery
- Establish milestones for engagement, conversion and measurement, as well as explain findings to the relevant department and other relevant parties within the organization.
- Manage QA Testing and resolve bugs when identified
- Serve as secondary reviewer and tester for all work orders periodically during the site implementation cycle
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional knowledge of programming language – Python Django and React JS
- Decision-making skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- IT project management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
- Strong visual problem solving with expert design skills and a desire to define the next generation of client experiences
- A self-starter who is a “doer” that can work on his/her own projects with minimal direction
- Creativity and innovation
- Familiarity with the best tools in the trade
Specific SEO Competencies
- A functional understanding of HTML and CSS
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry
- Familiarity with the best tools in the trade
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Goal, quality and excellence orientation