Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID-funded project with John Hopkins Centre for Communications Programs (CCP) as the lead consortium partner. It is a multi-partner project with governments and other USAID partners to support Social Behaviour Change (SBC) and demand creation on priority FP/RH, Malaria, and MNCH+N health behaviours in Eleven (11) states across Nigeria.
In collaboration with the SMOH, SPHCDA, LGAs, Communities, and other implementing partners in FCT, Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria will support these states to use an integrated social behavior change (I-SBC) approach in achieving desired improvements in health outcomes targeted at the individual, household, and community levels.
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria is looking for qualified candidates to serve as Master Trainers in FCT. The trainers will participate in a 1-Week Training-of-Trainers (TOT) on Integrated Social Behaviour Change (I-SBC), which they will step down in Six (6) Area Councils in the state.
Scope of Work
- Participate in a 1-week Training-of-Trainers (TOT)
- Facilitate a 10-day training for community volunteers, supervisors, and community actions groups in assigned state and LGAs.
- Build the capacity of training participants to use the community dialogue framework for community volunteers.
- Build the capacity of participants on referrals and data tools.
- Ensure that participants demonstrate enough knowledge, skills, and competence necessary to conduct interpersonal communication (IPC), community health dialogues, compound meetings, and other community-level activities in their wards.
- Draft and submit a training report required at the end of the training.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Qualification in Nursing, Public Health, Community Health, Social & Behavioural Sciences, Communication, or a related field.
- Prior experience facilitating training for community resource persons e.g. VCMs, CORPS, CBHVs, CVs e.t.c
- Prior experience with MNCH or RH/FP demand generation activities, projects, or programs.
- Good technical knowledge on MNCH, Family Planning or Malaria within the context of northern Nigeria
- Fluency in the local language with good understanding and appropriate context
- Resident in the state applied for and able to work in the state.
- Excellent facilitation, communication, and oral presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical, communication, computer, and problem-solving skills
- Availability for 4 weeks to participate in Training-of-Trainers (ToT) and facilitate step-down training.
- Ability to travel for Training-of-Trainers (TOT) if required.
- Willingness to step down the training in any assigned Area Council within the state.