CHAD’s knowledge of the context and local terrain has catalyzed partnerships with various reputable International and national non-governmental organizations. CHAD’s wealth of experience in program design and implementation has led to sustained engagements with communities, partners in the public and humanitarian sectors and has further resulted to steady contributions to sectoral objectives.
To complement our effort, we seek for Gender based Officer.
Project Type: Fixed
Location: Borno state
Starting Date: ASAP
CHAD International is implementing Integrated Education for Girls in northeast Nigeria (Borno state precisely). For this cause, we are recruiting a Gender Officer. The responsibilities of the Gender Officer include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Project Coordinator to develop a gender mainstreaming strategy for Integrated Education for Girls in northeast Nigeria.
- With support from the Project Coordinator, formulate key gender messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project objectives and initiatives, both short and long term, encompassing a wide range of issues with a gender lens.
- Support the Project Coordinator to ensure that voices of children disaggregated by sex form the basis of all key organizational strategies.
- Acquire information and understanding of key gender issues in the country, particularly in the northeast, focusing on boys and girls and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Support to build the capacity of key program staffs and volunteers, including Volunteer teachers, IQS and ALP facilitators on gender.
- Develop a good knowledge of state and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision-making structures and how to influence them working with the Education Project Coordinator and the advocacy team.
- Provide inputs into systems for research, analysis and documentation that underpin evidence for gender-based programming and influencing at state and national levels.
- Write regular progress reports for activities implemented, as well as support gender related programme reports as directed.
- Maintain a strong relationship with other Gender related staff across Northeast Nigeria.
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media particularly working on gender issues and participate in gender working group meetings, which may include providing oversight.
- Perform other tasks, as required, to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
- Developing Others:
- Demonstrates approachability and trust by listening carefully to others and valuing their contribution, and making others feel comfortable by being open and honest about their thoughts and feelings
- Demonstrates self-development and management by taking responsibility for own development, and actively seeking out feedback to better understand their own strengths and weaknesses
- Makes positive statements about work
- Effectively influences others by understanding their interests and showing how they will be met by own preferred solution
- Gives constructive feedback to enhance capabilities and responsibilities to partners and others.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An advanced University Degree (Master's Degree or higher) in Education, International Relations or Economics, Psychology, Sociology or other Social Science field required.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional work experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in Education or it equvelent.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of Local language (Kanuri, Babur and Hausa) is an asset.
Methode of application: All intrested persons are to submit their CV and Cover letter of not more than 3 page,address it to the Human Resource Officer CHAD International and send to the email provided below.