The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management su...
Read more about this company
INSO Nigeria Country Office
Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong country wide approach, supporting NGOs working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as a Driver to be based in Maiduguri.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the timely transporting of goods and persons safely toward their destination. Also, the Driver will support basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases. This position reports to the INSO Field Office Administrator.
The Driver position is a highly rewarding role, offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the provision of safety services to the NGO community.
- Operates INSO vehicles as directed by the Field Office Administrator
- Assists the Field Office Administrator in travel and Fleet Management.
- Assists the Field Office Administrator in Procurement processes, including purchase, accommodation and travels
- Maintains high standard of service to both internal and external guests
- Ensures punctuality and safe transport
- Observes the road, traffic laws and regulations of Nigeria
- Ensures safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present while on duty
Car Security & Maintenance
- Ensures vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition always
- Ensures vehicle is always kept secured
- Ensures vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensures vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Prepares and submits vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
- Assists the Field Office Administrator to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
Car Logbook maintenance
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Provides assistant the Administrative team, including but not limited to
- Facilitating immigration and customs formalities as per requirements
- Delivering goods and correspondences, carrying parcels, packages, delivery and collection of official documents as per required
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver
- Valid Driving License and existing ability to drive 4x4 vehicles with manual gear
- Currently resides in Maiduguri and has good knowledge of road networks
- Conversant with INGOs and NGOs office in Maiduguri
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Computer literate
Key Personal Competencies
- A good listener
- A good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with little supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills