Reports To: Senior Demand Generation Advisor
Jhpiego is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Demand Generation Specialist- Health Care Provider initiatives within the Maximizing Options to Advance Informed Choice for HIV Prevention (MOSAIC) project with significant support to the RISE project, in its Nigeria office.
MOSAIC (a consortium of local and international partners led by FHI 360 along with core partners Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI), Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust (PZAT), LVCT Health, Jhpiego, and AVAC) is a five-year (2021–2026) global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Its goal is to help women in sub-Saharan Africa prevent HIV by accelerating introduction and scale-up of new biomedical prevention products. MOSAIC strives to generate, synthesize, and promote evidence to strengthen existing platforms for PrEP service delivery and to facilitate introduction of new PrEP products.
In collaboration with national health authorities, civil society and community representatives, and relevant stakeholders, MOSAIC will address questions about demand, supply, access, uptake and use patterns, and barriers to HIV prevention product introduction through implementation science-based studies in five MOSAIC countries.
Working with the Senior Demand Generation Advisor, the position will be responsible for implementing interventions to increase uptake of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) through improving client-provider interaction. He/She will be responsible for overseeing the development of strategies and effective implementation of activities that are designed to ensure that Jhpiego’s provider engagements result to improved client-provider interaction/communication and increased uptake of PrEP and other HIV services.
- Work with team to develop and implement provider motivation initiatives including training and other capacity-building activities that will improve client-provider interaction.
- Work with Senior Demand Generation Advisor to provide guidance for the development and implementation of programmes aimed at improving communication skills and key PrEP knowledge of Health Care Providers (HCP) at all levels
- Work with other partners and team to develop high-quality referral processes that support successful referrals, referral tracking and follow‐up towards increasing access to and uptake of PrEP interventions by community members
- Initiate innovative approaches to facilitate uptake of PrEP and other HIV services
- Ensure that MOSAIC’s project’s provider engagements serve to promote compliance with National PrEP guidelines, and strengthen mechanisms to promote continuation/adherence to PrEP at community and facility levels
- Work with PrEP implementing partners to identify ongoing communication initiatives for Health Care Providers with a view to enhancing linkages, collaboration and cooperation with other stakeholders to ensure consistency in strategy and messaging
- Under the supervision of the Chief of party or the Senior Demand Generation Advisor, provide technical guidance and work with team to design interventions to educate/train HCP to be able to provide key PrEP information, promote PrEP uptake and use amongst clients
- Provide technical guidance for the development and implementation of MOSAIC’s provider engagements and their integration with relevant initiatives of partner organizations
- Facilitate processes for engaging with identified relevant service providers and their professional associations (including community agencies) towards improving compliance with National PrEP policy, guidelines and priorities.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of MOSAIC’s innovative demand generation approaches
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree in public health, applied sciences, or an equivalent degree in any related science field.
- Experience in HIV PrEP programme implementation
- Demonstrable ability to use HCD-lite approach in Public Health-oriented demand creation campaign development
- Experience in utilizing empathy building tools to facilitate provider-client interaction
- Experience utilizing interactive methodologies to facilitate community dialogue sessions
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in public health or pharmaceutical sector, particularly in developing country.
- Experience in, and familiarity with the processes of developing demand generation packages for public health programmes
- Experience in healthcare marketing, quality improvement activities
- Knowledge and understanding of trends in healthcare reforms
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a high demand work environment
- Fluency in English essential.
- Analytical skills: Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations, grasp the critical aspects and make timely and firm decisions on sound judgment.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Communication skills: Strong ability to draft and edit technical reports and to make effective oral presentation in English essential.
- Results orientation: Ability to apply organizational policies and procedures consistently. Ability to focus on results in programme/project design, monitoring and implementation, to integrate new approaches and innovations, and to ensure the cost-effective use of funds.
- High degree of integrity and amiable disposition in building appropriate internal and external relationships.
- Ability to build relevant strategic partnerships and alliances with key stakeholders and partners, to identify areas of common interest and recommend opportunities for collaboration and joint initiatives.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using "Demand Generation Specialist, Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org