Executive Head, Operations at Vodacom Nigeria
Posted on: 12 July, 2018
Deadline: 30 July, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Vodacom Nigeria
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
Executive Head, Operations
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job type: (Full-time)
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Job holder is responsible for the strategic management of the Network Operations, Network Engineering, Customer Service Operations Center, Service management, Information Technology, Project and Programme Management, Quality and Controls, Vendor Management, Special Projects and Field Operations teams.
- Provide effective leadership to implement and extend the Vodacom MPLS and Transmission network into Nigeria and handoff into international destinations. This includes a quality improvement process throughout the business and service areas, focusing on systems/process and new product development.
- Lead a high performing team of local and regional staff to align with strategies.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the Managing Director and the Executive Head of Finance for review and approval. Manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately and progress made and any challenges encountered.
- Participate in the preparation of operating and capital budgets, acquisition of equipment, infrastructure and services according to company processes.
- Formulate policies; manage day-to-day operations; and plan the use of equipment, infrastructure, materials and employees.
- Provide senior leadership to subordinate managers and supervisors with the responsibility for the build, operations and support of our network.
- Significant leadership and involvement in overall network strategic planning and management of the network.
- Maintain comprehensive relations with various legislative, governmental, special interest, community and non-profit organizations.
- Responsibilities include network operations, interpretive and customer services, and maintaining infrastructure and equipment.
- Ensure co-operation and teamwork exist between the Regional Operations Offices, the Network Operations Centre and other Area support personnel to achieve the earliest and most effective implementation and restoration of services.
- Regularly visit and inspect all Vodacom Business Nigeria offices to maintain governance.
- Develop good internal control systems to monitor and control fuel delivery and storage and other company consumables involved in the maintenance of Vodacom’s occupied premises.
- Generate all operations department reports that have relation with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- The preferred candidate will also formulate policies for Cyber Security, Network and Business Continuity Management.
- He/She will ensure the Effective management of the cost of sale (OPEX) and CAPEX relating to the operations of the business.
- The job holder is required to have a Bachelor's and/or Master's Degree in Electronic, Computer and Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, supplemented with additional professional development from an accredited college or University in Management, Business Administration or a closely related field. Various professional certifications will be helpful.
- He/She must have 12 to 15 years post NYSC professional experience in telecoms sector. At least five years should be at senior management level of a very large, multi-function, and multi-funded organization. An effective legislative relationship is desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of technologies (IP/MPLS, DWDM/OTN, SDH, Carrier Ethernet, Satellite, Microwave, etc.), principles, methods and practices of designing, planning, building and managing large networks in a telecom environment with multiple vendors and diverse equipment.
- General understanding of applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of management and supervisory principles and practices and sound judgment and significant leadership skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to persuade and work cooperative with divergent groups are also required.
- Visionary leadership
- Effective management and delegation
- Communication and negotiation
- Understanding of a multi-faceted business operation
- Planning and forecasting
- In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments
- Complex problem solving
- Effective decision making.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.
- Recent Jobs from Vodacom Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Network Support Team Lead at Vodacom Nigeria
- Know More About Vodacom NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Secretary at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- F&C Secretary - Financial Controller (Local) at Onstream Group
- Chaplain at Delta State University
- Operations Intern at UN Women
- Head of Operations at School Kits Limited
- Front Desk Officer at Hazon Holdings
- Front Desk Officer at Advanced Concrete Technologies Ltd
- Front Desk and Admin Officer at DAI