If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Education as a Vaccine is a non-profit organization created in 2000 to improve the health and development of children and young people. EVA envisions a Nigeria where children and young people reach their full potentials and work to build and implement innovative and sustainable mechanism for improved quality of life for vulnerable children and young people.
Head of Programs, EVA
Reports to: Executive Director
Organizational Unit: Management
Based at: Headquarters, FCT
Job Purpose: As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Head of Programs will coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs and activities in accordance with national, state, funding agency and organization’s guidelines and requirements. S/He will be responsible for providing direction, coordination and support to the Program Team Leads namely the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing Unit and Team Lead, Individual and Community Capacity Strengthening and their team members. The Head of Programs will ensure the smooth implementation of projects and achievement of program objectives and outcomes.
The Head of Programs will report directly to and work closely with the Executive Director. S/He will supervise the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing Unit and Team Lead, Individual and Community Capacity Strengthening and work closely with Team Lead, Strategy, Development and Learning in the delivery of key tasks.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the development of new ideas and projects to meet the organization’s objectives, goals, mission and vision
- Supervise and support the program Team Leads and their team members by providing technical and strategic guidance, program direction, input and feedback
- Serve as technical lead on development of project proposals and concept notes for new program ideas in collaboration with Team Lead, Strategy, Development and Learning
- Ensure that interventions are tailored to meet the needs and promote the rights of adolescents and young people in particular adolescent girls and young women.
- Provide management oversight for ongoing programs, ensuring that all projects are managed to budget and achieve the planned results on time based on organizational policy and donor requirements
Coordinate the development of annual organizational programs work plans and budget
- Provide regular program and operational/financial reports to the Executive Director and Board Programs Committee
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with program partners and stakeholders
- Oversee program/project related monitoring, evaluation and learning process
- Report monitoring and evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Develop technical documents including training guides, manuals, booklets etc to aid the implementation of programs at the field level
- Review and approve all organizational program reports submitted to external partners and donors.
Staff management and team work
- Deputize for the Executive Director or other colleagues as required.
- Facilitate shared learning and joint initiatives with regard to programme implementation of activities
- Support the development and realisation of program monitoring, evaluation and learning as well as knowledge management outcomes by promoting documentation and sharing of lessons learned
- Work with the Executive Director to cultivate and manage donor relationships and partnerships
- Nurture an open and collaborative work environment that encourages learning, productivity, accountability, flexibility, respect, non-discrimination and communication
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select qualified program staff
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Board Program Committee
- Work closely with the Executive Director and HR staff to carry out annual performance appraisals of program team members and develop capacity building plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in Public Health, International Relations, Gender Studies, International Development, or related field. Advanced degree is desirable but not required for this position.
- Minimum 5-7 years advocacy/programs experience required. Experience in influencing the policy and practice of governments and institutions through campaigning, advocacy and/or policy development is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, policy development and fluent written/spoken English
- Experience working with local NGOs required
- Experience working, and building collaborative relations with, members of civil society, government, academia, and the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative as well as develop and implement programs
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to lead, inspire, manage, coach and mentor staff at both individual and collective levels
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Education as a Vaccine (EVA) career website on docs.google.com to apply