If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Reports to: The IHP Director of Finance and Administration
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium brings more than 50 years of experience applying rigorous, evidence-led methodologies to international development. Our work covers health, education, economic growth, governance, environmental issues, informatics, workforce development, and monitoring and evaluation, offering innovative approaches that support the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of development programs. Our presence extends across more than 90 countries, creating positive impact over 100 projects through the dedication of 2,000+ project and home office staff.
- Palladium seeks an Operations Officer for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program, an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/newborn health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea. It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results. Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels. Through agreements with individual states, its potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
Procurement and Contracts Management:
- In consultation with the project team, explore market and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors.
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants.
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of each consultant agreement, sub-agreement, contract, grant, vendor, etc.
Office Administrations and Logistics:
- Maintain appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (Due Diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists; competitive quotations); field vouchers, approved budgets and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments; checks.
- Assist in management of Field Office assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities and logistic services as required.
- Coordinate workshop and meeting logistics as required including venue sourcing, preparing locations for activities, distribution of per diem and/or transportation allowances to participants, complete accurate and on-time reconciliation of funds advanced to support workshop activities, and other workshop/meeting related activities as required.
- Administer regular maintenance of all office space and equipment including necessary insurances in place and processing of claims in case of loss.
- Serve as backup for administration of transportation for the office and staff for local and international travel.
- Maintain HR-related files, including monthly updating of leave time accrued/taken, ensuring medical insurance for staff.
- Maintain up-to-date record of all rent, service and utility contracts for the office and, administer prompt payment of rents, insurance, service and utility bills.
- Assist in performing project close out activities.
- Work with project team to calculate and submit cost share information, where applicable.
- As necessary, assist in financial audit. Maintain accurate and up-to-date operational, personnel, and other records as required by corporate management and/or Nigerian law.
- Work closely with Finance Officer for daily tasks and overall project managment.
- Manage expendable property
- Perform receiving function, record and tag all items
- Issue supplies and stationery to staff
All other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognized academic institution in business or related field or 3 years working in administration; MBA is an advantage.
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and implementing operational activities.
- At least 3 years of administration experience with a good understanding of business operations and controls; experience with international organizations and USAID regulations an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules and progress are reviewed and monitored.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.