Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security activities, nutrition and health projects in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for Nurse for its medical health team to implement mobile health clinic in Maiduguri.
UNDER THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF SRH SUPERVISOR
UNDER THE TECHNICAL SUPERVISION SRH SUPERVISOR
UNDER THE OVERALL SUPERVISION Deputy Project Manager for PHC
Under the direct supervision of the SRH Supervisor, The midwife provides MNCH/ SRH care services, including ANC, PNC, basic emergency obstrtic and neanatal care, family planning, ETC. S/HE follows PUI obstrtical and sexual reproductive health protocols and universal standards to ensure quality and continuity of care
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS
- Welcome patients tthe MNHC/ SRH services in the PHC.
- Establish personal rapport with potential and actual patients and their relatives.
- Provide Antenatal and Postnatal care services.
- Provide Basic Obstetrical and Neonatal care, including assistance turgent normal deliveries, manage obstetric emergencies.
- Ensure mothers receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card…).
- Provide Family planning counseling as a routine and on request (where possible tthe couple) and provide contraceptives according tthe need.
- Treat sick Pregnant and Lactating Women for illnesses selected by PUI, and for which a protocol is provided and adhere ttherapeutic standards.
- Manage sexual transmitted infections according tPUI protocols.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Assess urgency and make sure urgent cases are seen first
- Evaluate the pregnant women for high risks pregnancy and ensure a timely referral tsecondary health services.
- Identify cases needing referral and refer them in time, assessment and follow-up of new borne.
- Identify Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and collaborate with the medical team for treatment.
- Provide individual and group health education tpatients concerning safe motherhood, care of the new born, IYCF (Infant and Young child feeding), Family Planning and general Sexual Health.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Universal standards, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere tinfection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Document collected information on health cards and other records.
- Support in various data collection.
- Ensure coordination and continuity of care through verbal and written reports and coordination with SRH supervisor and other PHC staff.
- Ensure operation of equipment, and report tSRH supervisor in case of damage or not functioning.
- Participate actively in meetings and trainings when required.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE AND LINKED ACTIVITIES
- Provide essential preventative assistance services and follow up tidentified women in reproductive age years, especially pregnant/lactating women.
- Ensure safe deliveries and provide first care tthe new born.
- Provide Training on Sexual and Reproductive Health tCHWs, Nurses.
- Report on collected data.
- Directly report any difficulties or delays in the implementation of activities.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
3PRIORITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Ensure the quality of care provided tpatients in PUI health facility
- Scale up on the primary health care centres plan should be developed according tthe time frame
- Assessment on pregnant and lactating Wwomen, reproductive age women tidentify risk factor
- Build the capacity of the community health workers, nurses on thematic related t sexual and reproductive health
- Provide frequent feedback on health – illness patterns observed in the PHCC that require further assessment
- Report tline manager periodically regarding context changes that affect the modality of intervention
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Hausa, etc.
- Education degree: Recognized Midwife degree (at least certificate level) with national legislation
- Work experience: 2-3 years of experience in Midwifery
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
- Knowledge and skills
- Technical knowledge about use of medical equipment
- Good knowledge about Ante Natal Consultation and Post Natal Consultation
- Good practice in conduction of deliveries
- Good team spirit
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief
- Transversals skills
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills tmanage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Strong motivation thelp people in need
- Ability tmake decisions and texercise authority when required
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability tanalyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability tadapt or change priorities according tthe changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able tmanage stress and pressure
- Able tcheck validity of information, logical thinking
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Fill the form and make sure to mention in the form the reference of the position you are applying for,
If pre-selected you will be contacted shortly by the HR department.