Prison System Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 9 January, 2018
Deadline: 17 January, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Prison System Officer
- Support the Prison System Advisor (PSA) and detention teams in enhancing systemic support to the national prison authorities
- Participates in identifying and formulating solutions to humanitarian problems that are rooted in the prison system.
- Supports the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects ran by the joint technical working groups.
- Contributes to confidence building efforts with the authorities of places of detention and maintenance of constructive dialogue on protection issues
- Contribute to the assessment and analysis of conditions of detention and, under the guidance of the PSA, relevant detention system elements (especially overcrowding, nutrition, the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) and other criminal justice laws and policies, judicial guarantees, access to justice, etc.)
- Participate in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities and projects under the technical working groups, including the pilot trainings, Case Management System and access to justice, dynamic security and prison management etc
- Contribute to organising seminars or thematic workshops on relevant issues, with prison management and other authorities as well as with NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Prepare Events requests, Request Orders, Field trip requests, Air travel requests, work advances for activities relating to systemic support.
- University degree in Laws, Criminology, psychology, criminal justice administration or related filed. Master’s degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- Experience of at least 5 years with a Government Criminal Justice Agency or legal or human rights based Organisation.
- Experience of work in a Prison Service at middle or senior management level with a retirement/ discharge certificate.
- Experience working in, or visiting places of detention
- Proven project planning and management experience
- Computer literate and efficient in internet use
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork skills and availability to work in difficult environmental conditions
- Strong capacity to work independently
- Availability to travel frequently for field missions
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate the job title and Location as the subject of your application
- Application intended for this role without this subject will not be treated. Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
TO VIEW SALARIES OF ICRC, CLICK HERE
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Protection of Civilian Population (PCP) Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Accountant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Water and Habitat Purchaser at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Administrative Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Head of Legal & Compliance - Central, East and West Africa at Nokia Nigeria
- Legal Officer at Covantage Business Process Outsourcing Limited
- BID Office Contract Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Chief Legal Officer (Chief Counsel) - (CONRAISS 12) at The Computer Professionals (Registration Council of Nigeria) (CPN)
- Legal Adviser 1 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Legal Officer at Abuja Clinics
- Legal Officer at Kedi Healthcare Industries (Nigeria) Limited
- Lawyer at Jedidiah Airlines Limited