Facilities Manager at KPMG
Posted on: 14 November, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at KPMG
KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organisations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential. At KPMG, we are committed to working with our clients to cut through complexities of the business world– finding solutions and adding value
Auto req ID: 128622BR
Function: Infrastructure - Facilities
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take charge of the facilities team
- Take charge of the Facilities management company ensuring all the SLAs are met
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors; processing contractual documents
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors;
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- Liaising with tenants to achieve excellence in partnership
- Maintaining the vendor registration process to ensure it meets the firms standards
- Coordinates the vendor payment process to ensure completeness and correctness and avoid delays
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, building and all other customer services.
- Collaborate with Procurement Manager in identify, evaluate and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers, to meet business requirements.
- Develop and maintain Facilities operational polices ensuring they are properly implemented
- Directing and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal;
- Prompt processing of all regulatory requirements including payments to Local Government
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements;
- Planning best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises;
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- Coordinating and leading facilities teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Ensuring the 99.999% availability of building facilities to enable provision of a world class office environment
- Working closely with the maintenance contract company to ensure they perform their duties as required
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to eliminate wastages and reduce cost
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely response and resolution of all facility issues.
- Ability to manage budgets and cost prudently.
- Result oriented
- Actively eliminate wastages and losses
- Timeliness of management information and reports.
- Level of services to internal and external users
- Cleanliness, effectiveness and efficiency of all facilities
- Cost saving and elimination of wastages
- Ability to manage the Facilities team to attain positive and impactful results
- Ability to respond to the 24-hour on-call nature of managing a complex facility and to work occasional weekends as needed.
- Experience managing a facility of 25, 000 square metre or larger
- Must have at least a 2.1 at Bachelors level.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 10 years working experience in a similar role.
- Industry specific experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Deep knowledge of building maintenance activities, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, generators, STP and Lifts
- Proficient at written and verbal, communication skills in English.
- Proficient at negotiating terms and conditions of projects/contracts.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
- Recent Jobs from KPMG
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread
- Accounting Solution Centre Intern at KPMG
- Procurement Supervisor at KPMG
- Know More About KPMGSimilar Jobs
- Experienced Seismic Surveyor at United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited
- Construction Site Manager at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
- Solar Site Construction Manager at Anotech Energy
- Estate Surveyor at Bradfield Consulting
- Real Estate Surveyor at HRLeverage Africa
- Experienced Hire at Eliezer Workplace Management Limited
- Junior Construction Manager, Building Construction (m / w) at Julius Berger
- Junior Construction Manager, Infrastructure (m / w) at Julius Berger