Nigerian Maritime University - Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the teaching position for the following Departments as listed below:
Senior Lecturer (CONUASS 5)
Location: Okerenkoko, Delta
Faculty of Science:
Departments: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Computer Science
Faculty of Maritime Environmental Management:
Departments: Marine Environment & Pollution Control, Meteorology & Climate Change, Fisheries & Aquaculture, Maritime Archeology & Anthropology, Maritime Biodiversity Management
Faculty of Maritime Engineering & Technology:
Departments: Maritime Engineering, Naval Architecture & Ship Construction, Maritime Communication & Information Systems, Electronics & Communications engineering, Industrial & Management Engineering, Oceanography & Ocean Technology, Hydrography & Water Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering.
Faculty of Maritime Transportation:
Departments: Navigation & Nautical Science, Maritime Transport & Logistics, Maritime Economics, Finance and Insurance, Ports Management & Administration
Faculty of General Studies:
Departments: Geography, Archaeology, Use of English & Library, Logic, Philosophy & Human Existence, Nigerian People, Culture & Entrepreneurial Skills, History, Philosophy of Science & Technology, Peace Studies & Conflict Resolution, International Relations & Diplomacy
- A Ph.D holder with at least six (6) years post-doctoral teaching, research and administrative experience in a University.
- Candidates must possess evidence of scholarly publications in reputable local, national and international academic journals, plus membership of relevant professional bodies.
- All Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable.
- Computer literacy is required.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to this position is the same as the approved Salary Structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward fifteen (15) copies each of the following documents:
- Typed applications,
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae,
- Copies of Credentials.
The Curriculum Vitae should, among other information include the following in this order:
- Position applied for
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin & Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address/GSM Numbers/E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Academic Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Working Experience including full details of former and present post(s)
- Full details of teaching and research experience and service to the nation and immediate community where applicable;
- List of Publications where application
- Honours, Award and Distinctions
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees.(One off whom must be your current or immediate past employer)
All applications and supporting documents should be forwarded in sealed envelope to the address below: The Registrar,
Nigerian Maritime University,
Warri South L. G. A.,
Delta State. Note
- The position applied for should clearly be indicated on the left-hand corner of the envelope.
- Candidates should also request their three (3) Referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar of the University. The Referees should also be informed to indicate the names of the candidates and the positions and Departments applied for, on the left hand corner of the envelopes.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.