Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
Nigeria is one of our key growth centres in Africa and has an established Client base with major growth potential. Due to increasing demand for services in Nigeria, we are now looking to recruit a ‘Finance Administrator’ to compliment the current team within the country.
Reporting to the Nigeria Surveyor-in-charge and based in our Lagos office, this job will allow significant personal and professional development with a distinct focus on providing excellent financial and administrative services for our business and operations in Nigeria. The core focus of this role will be to process and monitor payments and expenditures, prepare and monitor the payroll system and also to provide general administrative support as required against defined LR processes and procedures.
Your key responsibilities in this role will be:
1. Perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that local finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. Ensure that all activities are in line with internal procedures.
2. Efficiently manage the payroll function to ensure that staff are paid in an accurate and timely manner, including:
• Verify pay amounts, hours of work, deductions, expense claims, etc.
• Verify JDE codes on work orders
• Batch pay sheets for data entry
• Data enter of payroll information
• Log in and distribute pay cheques
• Prepare and remit source deductions and payroll tax
3. Support with invoice management (generating, checking, issuing and Client follow up’s) and disbursement of vendor/statutory payments (VAT, pension, tax etc.) on approval.
4. Provide general administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations. Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Logistics (travel booking and accommodation arrangements)
• Managing office statutory requirements (permits, licences, etc.)
• Maintain inventory files
• Monitor and order office supplies
• Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files
• Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
5. Deal with queries and build relationships with internal stakeholders and external Clients, as appropriate, including resolution of service issues.
6. Review and analyse data to provide management information/statistics, including the identification and reporting of process failures, to support the overall delivery of processes.
7. Assess the risks and work in a safe manner at all times, robustly implementing LR Health and Safety rules, instructions and systems and refuse to undertake work that compromises your safety or health.
8. To mentor/coach team members as appropriate, to achieve effective knowledge transfer and commercial rigour on the services that are being offered.
9. Pursue continuous professional development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness.Job Requirements
We invite applications from relevant candidates, meeting most of the role requirements given below:
1. Preferably bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related disciplines.
2. Should have atleast 3-5 years of relevant experience.
3. Computer literate, with thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
4. Have excellent oral and written proficiency in English. Knowledge of Arabic would be added advantage.
5. Good telephone etiquette.
6. Be able to demonstrate high level of organizational and time management skills.
7. Able to work independently and within a multi-cultural team.
Applicants should Click here to Apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers