Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops hospital staff's pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws, maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Competencies
· Analyzing Information , Administering Medication, Judgment, Verbal Communication, NAFDAC Health Regulations, Pharmacology, Managing Processes, Legal Compliance, Productivity, Quality Focus and Attention to Detail
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
· HND or Bsc in Pharmacy or related field
· Must be registered pharmacists with pharmacy degree in addition to at least two years work experience in a pharmaceutical retail outfit.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and relay information between the team, customers and office staff.
· Candidate must be resident in (or willing to relocate to ) Owerri, Imo state
· There will be no relocation allowance