DUTY STATION :
ALIMA COORDINATION OFFICE MAIDUGURI
REPORT TO :
MAIN PURPOSE IN THE ORGANISATION
Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Country Medical Coordinator, the AMC is will support the nutrition and health teams in designing, implementing and supervising all health and nutrition programs in Jere, Maiduguri, Monguno, Askira and Hawul LGAs of Borno State of Nigeria. The AMC in the absence of Medical Coordinator will represent ALIMA in all relevant coordination meetings at the state level and provide the required technical support to field teams in ensuring that all activities are being carried out in accordance with the donor and Ministry of Health policy guidelines. The AMC in close coordination with the Medical Coordinator will work closely with partner organizations in Maidurigui to ensure that all referrals have been made following the patients' referral and evacuation guidelines of ALIMA, ICRC and UNHAS.
RESPONSIBILITY / MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in developing new project proposals and concept notes in close collaboration with the relevant heads of head health programs and project coordinators
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in developing donor and organizational reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) by ensuring that the information by the field team is accurate and complete
- Analyze the health management information system (HMIS) data monthly and assist the data manager and relevant field team members in correcting possible shortfalls and errors.
- Analyze achievements against pre-set targets (monthly, quarterly and annual) and come up with corrective measures and action plan for improvement
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in conducting quarterly program review meetings in Maiduguri to assess achievements, budget expenditure and challenges and come up with action plans for improvements in close coordination with relevant heads of health programs
- Assist the Medical Coordinator in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
Supervision and Monitoring
- Must regularly visit the field to assess the quality of the programs and its management, data collection procedures, availability of standard treatment protocols, presence of essential medicines and supplies and infection prevention (IP) materials in health facilities.
- Provide on the job training to the health facility staff and relevant health team members
Representation / Coordination
- In the absence of Medical Coordinator, AMC will attend all health, nutrition, and emergency sectors coordination meetings at State Health Ministry, UNICEF, and WHO
- Will maintain close working relationships with concerned project coordinators, medical referents and other technical team members in Maiduguri, Monguno and Askira LGAs.
Procurement and supplies
- Analyze the medicine consumption report of each health facility monthly to ensure availability and optimal use of medicines and keep the Medical Coordinator updated about the availability of medicines in each health facility.
- the direct supervision of the Medical Coordinator will prepare the medicine procurement request (for local and international purchase) in close coordination with the Pharmacy Manager and Logistic Coordinator.
- Should be able to orient the field team members on National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and Import Duty Exemption Certificate (IDEC) policy guidelines
Patients Referrals and Emergency Evacuation
- Orient field teams on ALIMA, ICRC, UNHAS, etc. patient's referrals guidelines and patient referral forms
- Update the Medical Coordinator about new referral requests from the field to ensure that the patients are meeting our referral criteria and medical evacuation guidelines
Should be a medical doctor. Holding a Master’s in Public Health (MPH) will be a preference.
At least five years of relevant work experience in Nigeria preferably in Borno State
Mission language desirable and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Work under stress, good organization of his work, committed and hardworking, flexible and meeting deadlines.
- Experience with INGO is strongly desired
- Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts
Salary: NATIONAL PAY SCALE LEVEL 10
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or By Hard copies to be drop at ALIMA COORDINATION OFFICE MAIDUGURI with the reference “MEDICAL COORDINATOR ASSISTANT MAIDUGURI - Nigeria” in the subject line.
NB: This job profile is not exhaustive, as it could change from time to time according to the needs of the mission.