Field Facilitator (Veterinary Doctor / Animal Science Graduate) at Ikore International Development Limited
Posted on: 13 January, 2020
Deadline: 24 January, 2020
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Ikore International Development L
Ikore is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
Our expertise is in Development Consulting, Research, Business Advisory and Enterprise Development across various sectors, using multiple approaches and covering several components. We facilitate market inclusion for improved productivity and a bumper harvest through capacity building, business model / strategy advisory, market linkages, social enterprises and research.
Field Facilitator (Veterinary Doctor / Animal Science Graduate)
- We seek to employ a dynamic and innovative person who has experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa. Someone who can work collectively with host communities, design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- Facilitate relations between all the project stakeholders and beneficiaries to increase ownership of the project results, with participation in, and coordination of outreach.
- Collect field data, through a variety of data collection techniques such as household surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interview and other participatory rural appraisal tools.
- Lead the preparation/finalization and implementation of the project plans.
- Identify and act on any main local constraints that may affect the success of field activities (conflicting dynamics, political tensions, technical constraints, etc.).
- Organize/co-organize and facilitate meetings with farmers, extension workers and local government officials and partners at all levels.
- Lead project activities on ground.
- Guaranteeing that the work-progress accurately follows the objectives of the project.
- Produce frequent service reports.
- Survey proposed locations to determine feasibility.
- Lead the implementation of the project’s monitoring system in close consultation with the Program manager and the teams charged with data collection.
- Organize and facilitate visits from partners and donors.
- Periodical report about activities in the targeted areas.
- Assist to modify, test, verify and analyze research data.
- Perform any other related duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by the program manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in Social Sciences or Rural and / or Community Development
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation of sustainable PPR and ND surveillance.
- Experience or training in the veterinary field is preferred.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Must have and maintain a professional appearance and positive professional attitude at all times.
- Accustomed to using mobile tools and applications.
- Good knowledge on Data Collection, Facilitation, PRA and PAR.
- Computer knowledge on MS Office, MS Excel and Power Point.
- Has strong mentality to work in a team.
- Experience in working with network-wide and diverse groups and individuals.
- Good command of spoken and written English and a knowledge of local languages (Hausa) would be considered advantageous.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Application Letter to: email@example.com using "the job position" as the subject of the mail.
- Include Program Manager in the email subject line and include salary expectation in your Application Letter.
- Applications will be reviewed and online interviews will be conducted with selected candidates before finalists are invited for on-site interviews.
- Recent Jobs from Ikore International Development Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Program Manager at Ikore International Development Limited
- Communications Manager at Ikore International Development Limited
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Ikore International Development Limited
- Graduate Communications Associate at Ikore International Development Limited
- Financial and Administrative Manager at Ikore International Development Limited
- Graduate Monitoring and Evaluation Associate at Ikore International Development Limited
- Project Associate at Ikore International Development Limited