REPORTS TO: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Under the direction of the Medical Director, the Hospital Administrator would be responsible for coordinating all the operational aspects of the practice. The Hospital Administrator is expected to provide visionary leadership in order to ensure effective running of the facility, oversee and manage the hospital staff to ensure optimal, productive and patient-centered practice.
Working closely with the Consultants and Specialists, She/He will ensure the efficiency and stability of the medical office operations and manage the business end of the medical practice including supervision of the non-clinical staff.
The main areas of responsibility will be developing business strategies, writing proposals, implementing information management & technology systems, human resource management, formulating budgets, marketing and overseeing daily operations.
The Hospital Administrator will work closely with the Consultants and other members of the team to ensure the practice is running smoothly and successfully while also working to expand the business.
- Monitor patient scheduling, referrals and patient satisfaction
- Interact with patients and address concerns or issues of complaints to ensure high quality patient care and the delivery of excellent customer service
- Ensure constant updates relating to laws and standards of medical practice
- Identify strategies for growth and execute plans to achieve growth goals
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all established policies.
- Responsible for managing revenue, expenses and budgeting.
- Support & implement I.T systems
- Responsible for developing business strategies and proposals in line with expansion objectives
- Work with key clinical staff, ensure compliance with practice protocols and procedures, review and update as required
- Develop and review Health & Safety policies and procedures and keep abreast of current legislation
- Ensure the premises are properly maintained and cleaned and security systems are in place
Human resource management:
- Foster a productive work environment amongst members of staff
- Implement work policies and staff performance appraisals
- Provide advice on staff training needs to the Medical Director and arrange where appropriate
- Management of staff meetings and other internal communications
- Ensure all staff and doctors are kept informed on all policy changes
- Direct supervision and coaching of non-clinical staff
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is essential
- Master’s degree in healthcare or business management or degree in health related field
- Proven ability in Management including human resources, planning, Finance and budgeting
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial role & conversant with technology
- Master’s degree in healthcare or business management or degree in health related area
- Experience in the management of a health care practice
- Strong leadership, customer service, and personnel management skills and experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of business management and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of budget processes & Finance
- Strong analytical skills to comprehend complex medical, administrative and financial information.
- Excellent organizational, communication, flexibility and interpersonal skills. In-depth experience with problem-solving and decision-making.
- Working knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management
- Knowledge of accounting systems and budgeting
- Skills in planning, organizing, and supervising.
- Skills in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Skills in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.