Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Infection Prevention and Control Supervisor
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF-AEFUTHA protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance
- Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of hand washing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating in and supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure that the correct flow patients, health workers, medical clothes and waste related to VHF care are followed
- Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of hand washing stations etc.) and together with the NAM, AE-FUTHA Matron, Patron, IPC Link Nurse, focal point and EH Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- Identify the need of training, coaching, and feedback to change health worker attitude in order to ensure effective IPC observance
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education Nurse or Midwife (or equivalent diploma)
- Experience Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset. International NGO experience will be desirable
- Computer Literacy is essential
- English Language essential
- Igbo language desirable
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates and NYSC Certificate/Exemption Letters to: Msfocb-Ebonyiemail@example.com
Send hard copy to
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Libration Estate (After the Enugu/Abakaliki Express),
Abakaliki - Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.