Project Accountant at SOS Children Villages
Posted on: 20 September, 2019
Deadline: 4 October, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at SOS Children Villages
SOS Children's Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
- The role of the Project Accountant is to assist the Project Manager in fulfilling the financial management and reporting requirements of the SOS Children’s Villages to its donor and other relevant stakeholders.
- She/He ensures that all SOS financial procedures and internal control requirements are implemented and adhered to. In addition, preparing daily and monthly progress invoices for work performed during the process.
- She/he will analyze and interpret the data to provide information about internal distribution of financial information as well as operating results and performance against budget.
- S/he supports to assure whether controls are being followed or not. S/he maintains accurate and timely cash expenditure data and prepare sub request of payment for all contractors and suppliers and make all required paperwork up to date.
- Prepare payment voucher, cheques for approval by the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all invoices are promptly paid to protect the reputation of the Organization.
- Prepare and submit bank registers and bank reconciliation statements, and all supporting receipts and vouchers to the Project Manager for final vetting and sign off.
- Prepare consolidated drawdown and cash flow forecast and analyses of variance.
- Prepare Management Accounting information for review by the Project Manager to, provide commentary on programme units drawdowns
- Assists project officers/head of teams in the preparation of the annual budget of the project/programme unit.
- Monitors expenditures, ensuring the programme unit run as economically as possible in accordance with the provisions of the annual budget without compromising quality. Report any deviation to Project/programme team lead.
- Reports any overdue amount to each unit lead for appropriate action.
- Update the inventory and fixed asset register
- At all times ensures that personal data of donors, sponsor, SOS CV beneficiaries and their families as well as SOS co-worker is handled confidentially and in accordance with the confidentiality agreement.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, with detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in project accounting
- Strong computer literacy [MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint].
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; reporting, organization, presentation and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from SOS Children Villages
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Livelihood Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Youth Development Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Policy & Advocacy Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at SOS Children Villages
- Project Manager at SOS Children Villages
- Driver at SOS Children Villages
- Know More About SOS Children VillagesSimilar Jobs
- Global Fund Director of Finance and Grants Management at Catholic Relief Services
- Account Trainee at Genesis Group
- Collections Officer at IBILE Microfinance Bank Limited
- Auditors at Polysonic Nigeria Limited
- Intern Accountant at Rhics
- Accountant at ThroneAutos
- Finance and Compliance Manager at Medecins Du Monde
- Programme Accountant at Medecins Du Monde