Logistics Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 13 September, 2019
Deadline: 20 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation, neutral and impartial. Maiduguri Sub-Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Logistics Assistant, in close supervision with the Logistics Site Manager, supports the Sub Delegation's logistics team (Logistics Site Manager and Purchaser) by following up on and handling requests in regard to administrative tasks as well as execution of logistic support to all ICRC Sub Delegation activities.
- Receives all orders and submits them for validation after checking and verifying necessary information, such as realistic delivery dates, relevant item-codes, Objective Code, Cost Centre, validators
- Attributes validated ROs/SRs/Internal Requests for action to Logistics team members in Port Harcourt.
- Prioritizes urgent orders for the Purchaser
- Synchronizes the STM with the ERP system and immediately changes the statuses of the documents electronically.
- Closes the ROs on FSS or the ERP system and the corresponding tickets on the STM once the order is complete.
- Ensures good electronic and hard filing of the SRs with proof of completion attached to the hard copy file (invoice, transfer Packing List, etc.).
- Acknowledges reception of orders and updates the clients with the estimated delivery time.
- Informs Requesters in case of delays.
- Maintains the Medical/FA store in the Sub-Delegation
- Supports Logistics help desk activities/SCM Helpdesk function within the Sub-Delegation.
- Vocational high school diploma
- Very good command (spoken and written) of English
- Computer literacy
- Driving licence
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a similar field.
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- High organizational skills
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Affinity to coach colleagues in Logistics procedures
- Resistance to stress, to work under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicate “ABJ201900076 ICT Specialist MIU" OR ABJ201900047 Protection FO MIU OR ABJ201900079 Logistics Assistant PoH as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- ICT Specialist II at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Protection Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Delivery Agent at Supermart Express Service
- Dispatch Agent - Jumia Food at Jumia Nigeria
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at Creative Associates International
- Supply Chain Assistant -Procurement /Logistics at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Logistics Manager at Goldline Nigeria Limited
- Truck Resource Coordinator at Truckka Logistics Limited
- Inventory & Logistics Officer at Netcom Africa
- Logistics Manager at Doheney Services Ltd