Communications Strategy Coordinator at OutsideinHR Limited
Posted on: 23 August, 2019
Deadline: 27 August, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at OutsideinHR Limited
Outsidein HR Limited - Our client is solving what is arguably the biggest challenge on the continent: youth unemployment. In West Africa, 40-85% of youth, more than 50 million, are unemployed or underemployed.
Meanwhile, job creation in the region is on the rise. The disconnect between work-ready youth and the employment market must be bridged. Since 2013, they have trained over 3,000 unemployed youth and transitioned over 70% of them into employment, entrepreneurship or education/training opportunities that double their incomes within one year.
Communications Strategy Coordinator
- You are responsible for the communication and promotion of indirect programs (replication and advocacy, otherwise referred to as movement building), including strategic partnerships, information dissemination, media advocacy, social marketing and communication for social change/development.
- Develop communications strategy in line with organization-wide strategy and strategy for impact at the systems level
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for achieving the strategy
- Collaborate with indirect programs teams on designing and rolling out communications for new initiatives
- Draft press releases, op-ed pieces, pitches, and other materials to support the programs’ media relations efforts.
- Identify journalists to engage with and maintain contact lists
- Track performance of media campaigns, events, and more.
- Identify and test new ways to boost engagement and impact.
- Provide general support to (direct comms) team on events, social media, and other areas as needed.
- Participate in the development, and oversee execution, of overall strategic marketing plan
- Oversee the design and dissemination of all development materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 2 - 3 years' experience in a similar position (compulsory).
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- A unique ability to translate complex sector-specific (jargon-heavy) material into engaging, digestible and impactful commentary for a broad audience
- A team player with experience delivering under pressure in a fast-paced environment with an ability to manage up and down
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills-ability to multi-task and prioritize workload, exacting attention to detail
- Ability to learn new digital skills (digital marketing, word processing, task management tools, etc)
- Coordinator must be detail-oriented with outstanding written and verbal communication skills (business writing, proposals etc.)
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with others towards achieving common goals.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
- Recent Jobs from OutsideinHR Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Strategic Partnerships Associate at OutsideinHR Limited
- Employee Experience Officer at OutsideinHR Limited
- Learning & Development (L&D) Coordinator at OutsideinHR Limited
- Alumni Strategy Coordinator at OutsideinHR Limited