Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
Location: Port Harcourt
Department: Shipping/ Logistics
Job Summary & Purpose
- To Supervise and administer Shipping/ Logistics functions, including supervision of subordinates and administration of daily operations of the work unit to ensure timely clearance/ delivery of equipment and or materials.
- Reports to whom: Deputy Manager Shipping/Logistics
- Direct reports from: Shipping/ Logistics Officers
- Internal relationships: All Staff
- OEM Representatives.
- Shipping Companies/ Terminal Operators.
- Liaising with end-users, suppliers, contractors/ clearing agents to ensure just-in-time clearance/ delivery of items to warehouse/ end users.
- Checking/ reviewing of all preform invoices to ensure that there is compliance on statutory requirements like inclusion of Freight charges, unit of measure, harmonized system code (H.S. Code) etc.
- Reviewing all shipping documents for correctness and correcting same where otherwise to enhance smooth clearing operation.
- Liaising with Lagos Head Office for form M and PAAR processing.
- Computation of import duties and advising Management on budgeted shipment landing costs for planning purpose.
- Tracking/ monitoring of shipped goods in transit for planning purpose.
- Liaising with Shipping companies, Terminal Operators, NPA, NIMASA etc on shipment related issues.
- Reconciling Shipments/ deliveries with vendors, end-users/ project team, warehouse etc.
- Negotiate with vendors/ clearing agents for the best price and recommending the best for the job.
- Ensure that I do my job observing the Group’s HSE policies and procedures and that safe work methods are applied.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned, from time to time by you supervisor/line manager.
- WEAC, HND, PGD, MBA/ Masters
- Member, Chartered Institute of Shipping of Nigeria.
- Over 20 years hands- on-experience in Supply Chain Management role and have occupied senior management positions in the past.
Key Skills and competencies:
- Analytical skill.
- Strong attention to details.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good communication skill.
- Must be proactive.
- Team player.
- Ability to meet up with deadlines.
- Knowledge of supply and chain management.
- Knowledge of market value and prices.
- Knowledge of world shipping practices and Customs tariff.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Accurate review of shipping documents provided by Shippers.
- Checks for appropriateness of H.S.Codes, Tariff etc.
- Ensures timely issuance of form M, PAAR etc
- Ensures precise evaluation and analysis of vendor quotes and bids (minimum of 3 quotes).
Quality & Customer satisfaction:
- Ensure safe, timely clearance of materials with quality standards by organizational policy.
- Ensure minimal to Zero re-work level of all shipping documents.
- Delivery: Ensure strict compliance with just-in-time delivery.
- Exercise of adequate negotiation skills.
- Further achievement of substantial discount savings on requests processed.
- Documentation/Record keeping:
- Effective monitoring and accuracy of records.
- Ensure reports are generated and submitted timely.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.