FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve - improving lives for millions.
Senior Program Officer
Requisition No: 2019201358
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Director
- The Senior Program Officer will work with the EpiC Country Project Director to provide oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting on day-to-day program management functions, including contributing to work planning and activity monitoring; administering and monitoring subawards; developing and tracking program deliverables such as quarterly and annual reports; coordinating field visits and partner progress meetings; and coordinating technical assistance and capacity building support for partners.
- The Senior Program Officer will work with technical, grants and finance staff to ensure smooth operation of these functions in Nigeria.
- The Senior Program Officer will also support documentation of program best practices, success stories and lessons learned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, plan and manage sub agreements with local partners;
- Oversee the development and management of subrecipient monitoring and capacity building plans;
- Coordinate and monitor local subrecipient activities and progress against agreed-upon deliverables, subaward terms and conditions and targets and take corrective action where needed;
- Coordinate program planning, design, review and the monitoring of project activities in the main and field offices;
- Support work plan development and provide ongoing monitoring of activity progress against the workplan throughout the life of project;
- Provide support in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives, program deliverables, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Oversee and/or contribute to the development of program reports and success stories;
- Work with finance team to monitor expenditures, ensure overall alignment with work plan budget and advise on any necessary adjustments;
- As needed provide support to operational functions such as procurement and travel;
- Participate in meetings/events organized by FHI 360 or stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Experience with donor-funded projects, particularly USAID and/or PEPFAR; and KP Program;
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, within a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi-sectorial development project.
- Excellent community mobilization, advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.