The Governing Council, Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Noforija, Epe, hereby invites application from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Bursar - CONTENDISS 15
- The Bursar is the Financial Officer of the College, and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day financial affairs of the College.
The applicant is expected to hold:
- A good honours degree not below Second Class Lower division in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized institution of Higher Learning or
- HND Upper/higher grade in Accountancy or Finance;
- Master degree is an added advantage.
Additional Qualifications are:
- Membership of such professional accountancy bodies like ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, ICAEW, ANAN.
- At least 15 years post qualification cognate experience. The applicant shoUld also not be below the position of a Deputy Bursar in his/her present employment.
- Applicants to any of the above named positions should posses the following outstanding qualities.
- He/she must be a person of proven integrity. He must be intellectually sound and knowledgeable in the rules and regulations guiding the Administration of Colleges of Education;
- Be someone who appreciates and encourages hardwork and merit;
- He/she must also be versed in public service rules and regulations;
- Show or demonstrate ability to offer administrative leadership and the competence to effectively discharge the responsibilities/duties of the high office of the Bursar; and
- He/she must be able to assist the Chief Executive and the Governing Council in formulating sound policies for the College, with respect to their individual notions and responsibilities.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment of the Bursar is for a non-renewable term of five (5) years only.
Conditions of Service
- The Conditions of Service for the post of Bursar is essentially the same as in other Colleges of Education, and other institutions of comparable standards in Nigeria. They include fully furnished accommodation medical treatment for self, spouse and four children, and other allowances.
- Other conditions of service are contained in the College Conditions of Service for Senior Staff as may be reviewed from time to time, in line with existing Government policies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies each of their Application, Curriculum Vitae and credentials. The curriculum vitae should be presented in the order listed hereunder:
- Full names of applicant with surname in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Present employment, status and salary
- Position desired
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Name of Spouse(s)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Current postal/contact address
- Permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended-with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with-dates
- Membership of Professional Association(s)
- Academic/professional honours and distinctions with dates
- Work experience (in chronological sequence-) with dates
- Extra-curricular activities
- Date available for employment
- Any other relevant information
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, at least two (2) of wham should attest to-the administrative and professional achievement of the applicant.
Envelopes containing applications and clearly marked to indicate the position sought at the left hand bottom corner should be addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar
Michael Otedola College of Primary Education,
Noforija, P.M.B. 1028.
Epe, Lagos State.
- Applicants should ensure that their referees forward confidential reports on their applications directly to the Ag. Registrar, to reach her on or before the dosing date.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.