The Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, (FUDMA) is located in Dutsin-Ma town, Katsina State. The town is located about 60km south of the state capital. The university is ICT driven and envisioned to be a top ranking, world-class university, committed to excellence in research and production of generation of leaders with passion for service and integrity. The University commenced academic activities in July, 2012 and had graduated four sets of students so far.
Director, Physical Planning and Works (PP&W) (CONTISS II 15)
- The Director PP&W, inter alia heads the Directorate, coordinates, supervises and maintains the physical development and projects of the University in such a way as to ensure quality and standard. In discharging these duties, he/she is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor.
- Good honours Degree in Engineering courses, Architecture, Quantity Surveying or Building from a recognised university
- Membership registration of COREN, CORBON, QSRBN, TOPREC, ARCON, or any other relevant professional bodies;
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, five (5) of which shall be in a senior position in a tertiary educational institution
- The Candidate must have attained the rank of Deputy Director or equivalent;
- A good knowledge of engineering and environmental design computer packages, including Civil Cad, Archi Cad, Prota Structure, Revit, Matlab etc;
- Appointments into the Director position is for a period of five (5) years;
- Candidate must not be more than 60 years of age by the end of the current year;
- Being a management position, candidates must be of high integrity and be capable of commanding the respect and loyalty of staff. They must be receptive to new ideas and be innovative;
- Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable
- Possession of higher degrees would be an added advantage
- Appropriate computer literacy is required for this position;
- Salary, allowances and conditions of service are as obtainable in other Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria/Governing Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) sets of hand-written application (one copy original, others photocopy), detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of credentials. Applications must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate or equivalent, verifiable evidence of work experience and Curriculum Vitae written, etc. in the format below:
- Post Applied
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Functional E-mail Address
- Functional Phone Number
- Local Government and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Work Experience with Dates and Institutions
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Names and Addresses of, at least, three (3) referees.
Completed Applications, with the code of the post applied for clearly indicated at the top right hand corner of the envelope, should be addressed and sent to:
Federal University Dutsin-Ma,
P.M.B. 5001, Dutsin-Ma,
- Candidates should request three referees to send, under confidential cover, a referee report each to the Registrar with full details of the applicant and the post he or she applied for to reach the Registrar not later than the closing date of this advertisement. The envelope containing the report should be marked "Confidential Referee Report" for easy identification.