The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Child Protection Case Worker
Location: (Ngala, Bama, Banki, Dikwa, Damboa, Mafa), Borno
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 months
Slots: 12 Openings
- The Caseworker will be responsible for providing individual case management as part of the case management project.
- The Caseworker will conduct all steps of the case management process for an assigned number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC and CAAFAG) and their families in this process.
- Provide individual case management for children in Borno location in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures.
- Provide ongoing support to families, foster and alternative care systems.
- Communicate regularly with CM assistant for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Grant Monitoring & Reporting: Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports.
- Coordination & Representation: Directly communicate effectively with other caseworkers and service providers as part of conducting individual case management.
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level.
- Program Development: Contribute to the development of proposal activities in relation to case management.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop program.
- Technical Diploma or degree in Social Work, Human Rights, or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1year experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children.
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in English and/or (other languages) preferred or required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.