The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Family Tracing and Reunification Case Worker
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 months
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Family Tracing and Reunification (FTR) Caseworker perform FTR activities in the field by conducting identification, documentation, tracing, reunification, follow ups and interim family based care services to unaccompanied, separated and missing children as well as supporting caregivers.
- The incumbent plays a key role of managing cases at field level by filling all the FTR data into the FTR paper forms, initiate tracing actions, temporary care monitoring and reunification exercises.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to weekly FTR schedules and implement cases assigned to him/her per a week.
- Work to achieve of FTR case management (tracing actions, TCMs, reunifications) assigned to him/her per a week
- Participate in multiple 1-2 week or more FTR missions in the County
- Manage according to priority cases of unaccompanied and separated minors (UASC) with great focus of UASC in extremely vulnerable situations
- Conduct tracing actions and temporary care monitoring (TCM) in line with Global FTR and Case Management SOPs
- Document all registered using Paper Forms (including registration, TCMs, tracing actions, reunifications, cases referrals, etc) within 7 days of the visit.
- Participate in weekly meeting with FTR Officer FTR Database Manager for review of case progress and ensure data entry is completed accurately and verified.
- Raise awareness on prevention of family separations and available FTR services and spread relevant prevention messages in accordance with FTR WG SOP.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned to him/her by the Supervisors.
Qualifications / Competencies
- Diploma in Statistics Computer Science, Community Studies, Social Work or related disciplines.
- Strong technical knowledge in key areas of child protection such as children in conflict, child recruitment by armed forces, separated and unaccompanied children, orphaned and vulnerable children, sexual and gender-based violence, child marriage and child labour and child abduction.
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Well updated knowledge of computer software applications and database management tools.
- Fluent in speaking English, Hausa and other local languages in Borno
- Database management experience. (Encouraged)
- Able to work with a variety of populations, including 5-12 year olds, 13-17 year olds and 18 years and up.
- Flexible; possessing the ability to wear different, “hats” on short notice and readiness to working
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.