The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Family Tracing and Reunification (FTR) Officer
Job Duration: 9 months
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Family Tracing and Reunification (FTR) Officer conduct FTR works with FTR case workers at field level to provide identification, documentation, Tracing, reunification, follow ups and interim family based care services to unaccompanied, separated and missing children as well as supporting caregivers.
- The incumbent plays a key role of managing FTR caseload through CPIMS database system by collaborating with FTR Database Manager.
- The FTR Officer organizes and conducts FTR field missions and support to FTR caseworkers by also collaborating with FTR Coordinator at National level.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In co-ordination with the FTR Coordinator, FTR database manager and FTR Caseworkers and with the support of other tracing team members perform:
- Develop weekly FTR schedules and assign cases to FTR caseworkers, debrief them on progress and troubleshoot any particular follow-up, tracing or documentation challenges.
- Prioritize and manage cases of unaccompanied and separated minors (UASC) with great focus of UASC in extremely vulnerable situations
- Conduct tracing actions and temporary care monitoring (TCM) in line with National FTR Working Group SOPs
- Document all registered cases in the CPIMS (including registration, TCMs, tracing actions, reunifications, cases referrals, etc.) within 7 days of visit
- Conduct weekly meeting with FTR caseworkers and FTR Database Manager to review case progress and ensure data entry is completed accurately and verified
- Ensure the FTR caseworkers raise awareness on prevention of family separations and available FTR services and spread relevant prevention messages in accordance with FTR WG SOP
- Ensure weekly progress updates are provided to the Children using FTR Weekly Caseload Summary and other templates agreed by FTR WG
- Ensure that the FTR data is provided for the 5 Ws biweekly reports to the CPSC IMO on time
- Facilitate CPIMS caseload audit to ensure quality of documentation, reporting and case management Perform any other duty as ma be assigned to him/her by the Supervisors
Statement of Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Statistics, ICT, Community Studies, Social Work or related disciplines.
- Strong technical knowledge in key areas of child protection such as children in conflict, child recruitment by armed forces, separated and unaccompanied children, orphaned and vulnerable children, sexual and gender-based violence, child marriage and child labour and child abduction
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Well updated knowledge of computer software applications and database management tools
- Fluent in speaking English, Hausa and other local languages
- Database management experience.
- Able to work with a variety of populations, including 5-12 year olds, 13-17 year olds and 18 years and up.
- Flexible; possessing the ability to wear different, “hats” on short notice and readiness to working on ‘hard-to-reach areas’.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.