Senior HR Generalist at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 9 July, 2019
Deadline: 22 July, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Senior HR Generalist
Reference ID: 112603BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
Slot: 2 Openings
- This position will provide a platform for the Senior HR Generalists to function as a strategic partner focused on understanding business value drivers and translating Shell strategy into a differentiating business-specific people agenda, applying external perspectives. Furthermore, to offer a holistic employee and line manager centered, fast and efficient support in the organization.
- The Senior HR Generalists will perform duties associated with some or all the different functional HR areas, including Employee/Industrial Relations, HR Operations, Resourcing, Learning & Development, Policy and Benefits.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes, while demonstrating intellectual rigor.
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Resourcing of employees into and within the company, bearing in mind resourcing guidelines, global and country protocols
- Contribute to maintenance of industrial efficiency and safeguard of business targets through effective management of relationships between Management and the in-house Unions.
- Support People efforts to deliver increased employee engagement index aimed at making Shell a great place to work. Understand and proactively solicit employee opinions through feedback mechanisms.
- Effective case and disciplinary investigations management aimed at keeping the business in general compliance mode.
- Facilitate a strong leadership and coaching culture.
- Develop and deploy competencies that promote continuous improvement of HR services, processes, systems, practices, etc.
- Implement appropriate employee learning and development needs that align with current and future performance standards and manage its delivery.
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders.
- Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda.
- Provide expert HR advisory and coaching to Line management and employees when appropriate.
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Capacity to understand people issues impacting the business and how the business can create value. Substantial business acumen.
- Demonstrating integrity in all business interactions and honoring personal commitments
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively, as well as ability to influence others
- Effective management of resources and ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
- Reaching agreements and consensus despite differing goals and priorities
- Capacity to understand problems and issues in the context of the bigger picture and understand relationships among subcomponents while synthesizing large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data
- Using research methods effectively to recognize trends, including data collection, diagnostic and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
- Maintaining relationships with staff via employee representatives in a challenging unionized environment
- Maintaining relationship and managing communication channels with non-unionized employees
- Delivery of effective staff engagement processes on routine basis and during periods of business and industrial turbulence.
- Objective and impartial input to full spectrum of ER/IR, Communications and special activities.
- Enhancing company role in Industry Networks and building leadership capability in industry from an ER/IR perspective.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in any field (at 2nd Class Upper or higher). Masters in HR, Labor Relations, Business Administration, Psychology, Statistics or Data Science or other relevant fields will be an advantage. PhDs in any of the areas stated above is desirable. Professional certification with CIPM, CIPD or SHRM.
- 8 to 10 years of skill/mastery level in a range of different HR competencies including Human Performance Consulting, Recruitment & Resourcing, Employee and Industrial Relations, Performance Rewards & Benefits, HR Business Partnering, HR Strategy, Intervention & Facilitation, Change Management, HR Information & Systems, Diversity & Inclusion, HR Services, Policy, Compensation & Benefits.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; skill in database management and analysis.
- Demonstrated competence in customer centricity with senior leaders and employees at all levels. Enterprise First and Winning behaviors (interpersonal skills).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please note that all fields are mandatory in the online applications forms. Interested applicants should apply to only one of the two advertised HR Generalist roles in Nigeria. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the candidate’s applications.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- HR Generalist at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Manager, Human Resources and Administration at Africa Delivery Technologies Limited
- HR Business Partner at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Human Resource Personnel at IAP Building Solutions
- Human Resource Manager at Somanda Consulting
- HR/Admin Officer at Obeezi
- Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- HR Officer at Primera Food Nigeria Limited
- Human Resources Manager at HT-Limited