Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
Front Desk Officer
Our client, a leading beauty brand is looking to fill the position of a front desk officer.
The function of the Role:
The front desk officer is the organization’s front liner whose major function is to ensure that customer value is maintained according to the standards set forth by the company.
- Answering telephone calls in a professional manner at all times.
- Receive payments from clients and track all transactions
- Maintaining diaries and arranging appointments.
- Taking messages and giving feedback.
- Accepting packages and liaising with visitors.
- Must possess excellent IT skills and efficiently use a variety of software packages.
- Handling correspondence of a confidential nature and ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
- Standing as an interface between the staff and guests.
- Writing receipts for services rendered and reconciling receipts at the end of the workday.
- Collating customer information for compilation unto the client database
- Social Media posts and interaction on the salon platforms.
- The above list is not exhaustive of all duties responsible for and all other jobs none specified in the job description.
BSc or it's equivalent
1-year experience is a similar client facing role.
Skills and Abilities
- Good stress and time management skill
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer, etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent IT and administrative skills.
- Strong communication and people skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Pleasant, friendly, confident and have a good carriage
- Integrity and professionalism
- Sense of urgency
- Willing to work long hours as required.
- Smart, well-groomed and confident
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Resume
Using the "Job Title and Job Code" as the subject of the mail.