Female Early Years Educators at Millie's International School
Posted on: 24 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Millie's International School
Millie's International School is looking to fill the role below
Female Early Years Educators
As our Early Years Educator, you will be required to work with children between the ages of 3 to 5 years
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRE
- A degree in Early Childhood Education plus a diploma or certificate in Montessori Education or Early Years Education
- Must have experience of EYFS curriculum
- Minimum of 4 years verifiable teaching experience with this age group
- Knowledge and experience of teaching phonics is preferred and an added advantage
- You should be enthusiastic and confident in your abilities to engage children and extend their learning through play, enabling their emotional, social and educational development.
- To complement your qualification and experience, you will come with patience, a good sense of humour and great stamina to keep up with the needs and energy of a large group of young, lively children.
- Creative skills such as music, dance, drama, art and crafts are a must
- You must have excellent English Language skills (clear written, reading and spoken) along with good numeracy skills
- Good level of computer literacy is also a must
- Must be able to commute easily to Idi-Ishin, Jericho, Ibadan
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be expected to create and implement age and developmentally appropriate lessons for the children whilst helping them achieve the EYFS early learning goals.
- Providing experiences that promote individual expression through conversation, play and creativity; guiding the children in a nurturing environment to learn language, gain autonomy, interact socially, and enjoy physical activities
- Initiating classroom activities daily (sing-a-longs, storytelling, book reading, art and craft projects, sensory exploration, outdoor stimulation etc.)
- Displaying children’s creative art work regularly on bulletin board as well as creating own theme based classroom displays to ensure an engaging learning environment for the children.
- Maintaining daily record of activities, behaviours, meals etc and ensuring parents receive adequate information about their children's experiences in the school through daily contact book entries
- Conducting observations and assessment of children's developmental skills in order to complete developmental checklists bi-annually
- Creating an open, friendly, and cooperative atmosphere in which children and families feel comfortable and secure
- Using equipment and supplies safely and conscientiously, keeping physical environment clean and orderly at all times
- Inspecting the school site and equipment for potential safety hazards; taking corrective action or informing management to prevent injuries.
Method of Application
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS ADVERT IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE
Interested candidates MUST demonstrate early childhood training and experience on their CV and cover letter.
CV AND COVER LETTER TO:
- Know More About Millie's International SchoolSimilar Jobs
- Research and Training Executive at Attainables Edutainment Limited
- Primary School Mathematics Teacher at Stresert Services Limited
- NFS Student Psychologist (Female) at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- EFK Instructor/Mind Aider (NYSC) at Engineering for Kids
- Principal Lecturer (CONPCASS 08) at The Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo
- Senior Lecturer - Clothing & Textiles (CONPCASS 07) at The Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo
- Assistant Lecturer (CONPCASS 01) at The Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo
- Assistant Education Officer (Brailling / Sign Language Interpreting) at The Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo