Finance Officer at Persianas Retail Limited
Posted on: 13 June, 2019
Deadline: 24 June, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Persianas Retail Limited
Persianas Retail is built on market insights, entrepreneurial vision and sound business management. Our knowledge and experience of Nigeria’s evolving retail environment make us the partner of choice for international brand owners and marketers.
- The Finance Officer performs a variety of financial and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. He analyses and prepares financial and management reports as well as provides accurate and timely financial information to Line Manger and the Management.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate financial administration (creditors, debtors, salary administration, ledgers) and monitors the cash flow, the goods flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Develops system for the maintenance of accurate financial records.
- Maintains an efficient financial information system.
- Prepares periodic financial reports, statement of performance account and financial position
- Ensures compliance with defined accounting policies and financial reporting standards.
- Performs financial analysis as required
- Provides assistance with stock reconciliation and reports at our fashion retail and cinema outlets as required.
- Prepares, fills and ensures prompt remittance of all statutory payments towards including VAT, PAYE tax, employee and Company pension contributions.
- Liaise with Auditors/ Tax consultant and external Auditors (FIRS/LIRS etc.) on various audit activities.
- Perform periodic ledger, creditors, repayment and bank reconciliations as required.
- Oversees POS and Bank collection.
- Manage the receipts and deposits of cash and bank transactions, including foreign transfers, to ensure the accuracy of company’s financial position.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Good working knowledge of Accounting Software/computers/ Microsoft office.
- Good financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Good communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and people management skills.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Accounting and Finance.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CMA.
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience in Accounting/ Finance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from Persianas Retail Limited
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Make-up Artist/Retail Associate, INGLOT Nigeria at Persianas Retail Limited
- Graphics Officer at Persianas Retail Limited
- Know More About Persianas Retail LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Account Officer at Ashton & Dave Travels
- Finance Manager at Creative Associates International
- Experienced Agency Accountant at Global Axis Exchange
- Accountant at SPM Professionals Limited
- Chief Investment Officer at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Collection Officer at Transsnet Financial
- Total Young Graduate Programme (YGP) at TOTAL
- Accountant at Creative Associates International