Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Ref Id: 190001LP
Reports to: Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- To assume a technical role in implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all project activities in Lagos and Cross Rivers States.
- The post will involve coordination with state teams, and in line with USAID reporting requirements, and with SC guidelines and best practices.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Ensure an effective M&E data collection and reporting system with all partners through mentorship, on the job training, site visits and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by all partners.
- Work with partners and state teams to maintain reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to state teams, partners, and communities
- Facilitate the sharing of information obtained with communities, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal
- Constantly update State team on activities progress
- Provide on-going support to partners, and communities to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent trainings.
- Analyse information about the programme and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in ensuring utmost quality
- Update project database routinely as at when required
- Support monthly data review meetings in States
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 3 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, HIV, nutrition and/ or economics.
- Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to support CSOs across board by building their capacity.
- Planning skills, including ability to think creatively and set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
- The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- A degree or a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent in economics or related discipline
- Experience working with in Systems Strengthening programs to support vulnerable children.
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.