Office Assistant at Save The Children
Posted on: 10 June, 2019
Deadline: 21 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Job ID: 190001LX
Reports to: Admin & Logistic Assistant
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Dispose dirt inside the waste basket and dustbin daily
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean and dry
- Ensures no plates, cups or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs
- Cut and trim the flowers & grass within & outside the premises
- Sweep the compound
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Wet-wipe window ledges
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Skills & Experience
- Level of Education: SSCE
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level: Good
- Language Requirements: English – Good, Hausa - Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role: 2 years.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Save The Children
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Consultant - Adaptation and Development of ASRH Toolkits for Adolescent Girls and Boys (Married and Unmarried) at Save The Children
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Save The Children
- Driver at Save The Children
- Nutrition Coordinator at Save The Children
- Awards Officer at Save The Children
- Household Economic Strengthening (HES) Coordinator at Save The Children
- Social Work Coordinator at Save The Children
- Programme Manager, HIV/TB/Gender at Save The Children
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Save The Children
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at Save The Children
- Community Mobilization Coordinator at Save The Children
- Finance Assistant at Save The Children
- Finance Officer at Save The Children
- Social Work Assistant at Save The Children
- Know More About Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Female Manager at Sales Force Consulting
- Area Sales Manager at Sales Force Consulting
- Patient Coordinator at Paelon Memorial Clinic
- General Manager at Hexavia Limited
- Office Assistant at Chuvie Decor
- Administrator - (Logistics, Customer care) at Kaldi Africa limited
- Hotel General Manager at AES
- Operations Support Officer at Proten