Technical Officer at Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
Posted on: 27 May, 2019
Deadline: 7 June, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL) is a public health and development consulting firm established by a team with extensive experience in international development and public health programming. We provide technical assistance for health system reforms towards access to cost-effective and quality health care across Nigeria and the continent of Africa.
Reports to: Project Manager
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Expected Duration of Assignment: 18 months
- The Nigerian health system is weak and unresponsive as a result of years of grappling with poor infrastructure, inadequate equipment and technology, inadequate number and mix of healthcare workers, poor capacity of health sector stakeholders, poor information management/sharing mechanisms and under investment by the government. Against this backdrop, the country struggles in the move towards achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC). As many countries continue to progress towards the achievement of UHC goals, sustainable mechanisms for financing healthcare, improvements in human resources for health management and budget processes for health as well as strengthening systems for health accounts have been identified as crucial.
- The Global Fund’s Catalytic Health System Investment Programme for prioritised states in Nigeria including Kaduna, Imo and Oyo clearly identifies a number of key interventions to strengthen health systems in the focus states. These interventions include amongst others:
- Strengthen public financial management (PFM) capacity of the Ministries of Health in Kaduna, Imo and Oyo to develop, execute and advocate for realistic and evidence-based spending on health in line with international best practices;
- Conduct necessary costing/actuarial analysis and roll-out supportof state health insurance schemes;
- Assess Health Labour Market; and,
- Carry out and update state health accounts.
- The Technical Officer will support the State Team Lead to implement all project activities in the states.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support the development of methodology, tools and support the implementation of a capacity needs assessment of relevant staff of the SMOH and Contributory Health Agencies
- Develop and implement strategies or plans to address capacity gaps through on the job mentoring and supervision and training workshops.
- Support thedevelopment of progress summaries and technical reports, technical assistance plan, policy briefs
- Support development of survey design, data collection tools, study protocol and field implementation guides for pre-implementation assessments (budget study, readiness assessment/gap analysis, health labour market analysis) to be conducted.
- Support design and implementation of state health accounts study
- Support design and implementation of actuarial studies for the state health insurance agency
- Support strengthening of budget process and state capacity for public financial management
- Supportimplementation of technical assistance plan and strengthening institutional capacity of the state health insurance agencies/authorities in respective states
- Provide technical assistance for the development of a health workforce improvement plan/strategy
- Support implementation of project workplan, tracking deliverables and lead on development of project-related reports.
- Provide on-the-ground technicaland operational support to project and facilitate capacity building and mentoring for state actors and project state team
- Support facilitation of trainings, workshops, and meetings.
- Support facilitation of stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Knowledge of the Nigerian health sector is required
- Knowledge/work experience in the preferred state or its environs is required
- Excellent leadership and influence skills; lead and work in teams effectively and show mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result for the client and respond positively to feedback
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective stakeholder engagement/management skills
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Undergraduate qualification in Health Economics, Public Health, Health Management, similar fields
- Master degree in relevant fields would be an advantage
- At least 5years’ relevant experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter (no more than a page) and updated CV in one document to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- State Team Lead at Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
- Financial Management Advisor at Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor - The Global Fund’s Catalytic Health System Investment Programme at Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
- Health Economist/Health Financing Advisor at Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
- Organisational Management Advisor at Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
- Actuary at Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)
- Know More About Health Systems Consult Limited (HSCL)Similar Jobs
- Claims Officer at Eko Hospitals
- Registered Nurse and Midwife at Eko Hospitals
- Consultant Anaesthestist at Eko Hospitals
- Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Eko Hospitals
- Consultant Paediatrician at Eko Hospitals
- HMO Doctor at Eko Hospitals
- House Officer at Eko Hospitals
- Consultant, Plastic Surgeon (FMCS) at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (AEFUTHA)