Since the insurgency began in 2009, many lives were lost and properties worth billions of Naira destroyed. There has been a lot of migration of people from one location to another location which is considered relatively peaceful, as a result many are displaced and homeless and many international organizations are bringing relief services in the areas of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Education, Health and other sectors as listed out in the Humanitarian Response Plan.
Technical Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Technical Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, will
Support the development and implementation of program M&E plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Lead efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Utilize the data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Support to ensure that relevant data (5Ws) are entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Collect and authenticate all information sheets (beneficiary lists, registration forms, distribution lists, and others) for delivery of education intervention services;
- Lead in the conduct of emergency assessments and post distribution monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting of results.
- Collate reports from other officers to submit to the program manager
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the program manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 2- years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating humanitarian emergency response programs, with an organization with a robust M&E component.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with M&E for education and protection projects
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document)
- Ability to travel around LGAs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below