- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Energy Sales Representative at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Posted on: 16 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria's largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Energy Sales Representative
Reporting To: Energy Sales Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
- Perform sales and marketing of electricity, management of allocation of energy and driving collections of energy billed to the customer.
- Ability to manage customer relationship relating to meter reading and bill distribution.
- Conducting advance metering activities (energy aggregation, energy analysis, energy loss analysis, bill determinants and dynamic tariffs etc.)
- Performing remote monitoring of meter behaviour using human machine interfaces (HMI)
- Performing remote energy usage tracking
- Customer meter reading and capturing meter status/remark.
- Providing customer meter reading books/cycle and updating reading sequence.
- Performing manual data entry for customer meter reading and meter reading status on a daily basis.
- Managing meter reading instrument availability for meter reading activities.
- Preparing daily reading upload batch files.
- Prepare exception reports.
- Bill distribution to customers.
- Meter reading and bill distribution reporting.
- Performing on site activities/supervision/site visit with regards to installed meters.
- Monitoring of prepaid meters
- Special customer meters re-reading/site visit.
- New customer capture and periodic customer tariff reclassification
- Coordinating with other departmental officers to attend to customer complaints related to meter reading activities.
- Managing all customers’ complaints related to meter reading within areas of jurisdiction.
- Customer accounts maintenance to avoid build-up of unrealistic debts(vacant premises, etc)
- Assist in Carry out any other duties as requested by the Business manager/commercial manager and Undertaking manager.
- B.SC or H.N.D in Marketing, Social Sciences or any relevant field
- Minimum 1-year field experience in sales and marketing
- Understanding of the peculiar revenue collection challenges of the energy industry
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Be adaptable and able to meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals.
- Knowledge of the business
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong skills in negotiating, planning, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Attention to Detail.
- Good Customer Relation Service
- Problem Sensitivity and Integrity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company career website on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply
- Know More About Ikeja Electricity Distribution CompanySimilar Jobs
- Offline Marketing Intern at Transsnet Financial
- Channel Partner Executive (LTE) at e.Stream Networks (Nigeria) Limited
- Corporate Sales Executive (LTE) at e.Stream Networks (Nigeria) Limited
- Team Lead, LTE Sales at e.Stream Networks (Nigeria) Limited
- Business Development/Marketing Executive (Event Centre) at Stresert Services Limited
- Marketing Manager at Cheki Nigeria
- Business Analyst at Finance Life Technologies Limited
- Sales and Distribution Lead (Detergents) at Pivotage Consulting