HSSE Supervisor at Sahara Group
Posted on: 30 April, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Sahara Group
Asharami Energy Limited, a Sahara Group Company, is an oil exploration and production company with a strategy to deliver long term and sustainable growth.
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- To monitor and implement Asharami Energy’s HSSE policy and Management System in order to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment and environment for all operations (Drilling, Completion and Production).
- Review/Develop where necessary contractors' work method statement, JHA, HSSE plans, Bridging document, emergency response plan, HSE MS, HSE Cases, work procedures etc.
- Provide HSSE consultation and support for Operations Team.
- Develop drilling/completion/production safety manuals and protocols for SEFL
- Support behavior based safety observation programs by coaching and identifying areas for improved safety behaviors and practices.
- Support development of HSSE practices and behaviors required for effective HSSE management within operations.
- Participate in facility orientation briefings for all new personnel immediately upon their arrival.
- Lead site roll out efforts of Company Group or safety enabling initiatives.
- Regularly present HSE related topics and safety meetings to workers to encourage awareness.
- Liaise with Contractors Safety Advisor, Tool Pusher and Company man to increase HSSE standards, procedures and awareness.
- Understand and maintain the facility's bridging documents between company and Contractor safety management systems.
- Coordinate with contractor safety personnel to understand safety performance gaps and implement improvement plans.
- Participate and audit job-planning activities, including Permit to Work, JSA's and hazard recognition.
- Participate in facility Safety Committees.
- Conduct monthly self-verification reviews of key HSSE systems.
- Communicate with and receive guidance from HSSE Manager.
- Ensure incidents are reported on time, properly investigated and lessons learned are shared.
- Communicate pertinent best practices, lessons learned, safety and environmental alerts to rig/operational staff.
- Assist the crews in taking action to prevent recurrence of incidents.
- Be an onsite technical safety resource for Incident Commander for all field contingency actions as well as assist and participate in the execution of periodic drills.
- Assure facility appointed incident investigation teams identify root cause factors (Taproot processes or equivalent) and preventive measures are delivered.
- Prepare and submit reports following the appropriate procedure and guideline as and when required
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- NEBOSH IGC
- NISP or any International Safety Membership
- Audit (IRCA Certified- ISO45001/9001/14001)
- 8 years working experience.
- HAZID- Hazard Identification
- HSE Management System
- HAZOP- Hazard Operability
- ISO 18001:9001/45001
- ISO 14001
- HSE Audit/Inspection/Walkthrough
- Drill(Oil Spill, Fire, Medevac)
- First Aid-CPR
- Confine space Entry
- Good communication
- Good computer knowledge(Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Can do attitude
- Positive thinker
- Solution oriented
- Team player
- Attention to details
- SSE Manager
- Field Operators
- Regulators (NAPIMS/DPR/NPDC)
- JV Partners.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Sahara Group
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Contracting Strategy and Risk Advisor at Sahara Group
- Civil Engineer at Sahara Group
- Category Manager at Sahara Group
- Geomodeller at Sahara Group
- Production Technologist at Sahara Group
- Seismic Interpreter at Sahara Group
- Senior Contracts Engineer at Sahara Group
- Data Manager at Sahara Group
- Petrophysicist at Sahara Group
- HSSE Manager at Sahara Group
- Know More About Sahara GroupSimilar Jobs
- Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Health, Safety and Environmental Officer at Viju Industries Nigeria Limited
- HSE Officer/Manager at Coscharis Group
- HSE Officer at Vagan Oil & Gas Limited
- Marine/HSSEQ Superintendent at Thome Group of Companies
- Administrative Assistant / Safety and Security Manager at ABT Associates
- HSE Officer (Construction) at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Head, Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) at Willers Solutions