The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Education M/E Officer
Under the supervision of both the Education project manager and M&E Manager, the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination, and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the local implementing partners, particularly in relation to monitoring and reporting. The officers will also be responsible for incorporating relevant program indicators into the project’s M&E systems that enable to measure the contribution of individual projects in achieving program objectives.
Program/project design and learning (5% of the time)
- Ensure that detailed and feasible project monitoring plans are developed that: i) provide an indicator matrix, ii) consider ethical and safe collection and storage of data, iii) consider data quality audits, vi) consider storing, protecting and sharing project documents;
- Closely work with education officers and manager to make sure all projects have tested standard monitoring tools that capture both program activity and indicators progresses;
- Make sure all projects have accountability mechanisms up and running;
- Work with project and support staff to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods will be used to ensure their adequacy and appropriateness;
- Assist in conducting and documenting project learning, and sharing lessons learned and best practices, incorporating these into project implementation
- Assist in identifying, recording, storing and sharing lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice
B. Monitoring and evaluation (65% of the time)
- Facilitate the preparations of monthly project activity plans including M&E plans;
- Work with project staff to determine which monitoring activities will take place and which data collection methods to use;
- Work with project staff to ensure that the project work plans include monitoring activities (or that a stand-alone monitoring work plan is in place), is up-to date and progress tracked;
- Work with project staff to develop, translate, pilot and finalize data collection tools as needed;
- Work with projects to ensure that data is collected and entered into databases and tracking sheets, and the data platform regularly;
- Work with project staff to track progress on action points related to implementation and M&E activities;
- Work with project staff to provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation;
- Closely follow up the field data collection and flag the data collection issues to the M&E manager and coordinator and project staff;
- Conduct data quality audits of project data to identify and resolve systemic problems affecting data quality;
- Document findings from data quality audit and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Document schedule of activities related to sharing reports with the project team, donors and other stakeholders;
C. Information management and reporting (20% of the time)
- Provide M&E inputs for regular analysis and action planning meetings to (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites; (2) identify issues requiring concerned staff attention;
- Extract lessons learned from projects, systematically document and make readily accessible to staff;
- Support M&E manager and project manager to ensure that data is collected and entered into databases and tracking sheets, and/or the data platform regularly;
D. Staff capacity building (5% of the time)
- Train staff in data collection methods, management, analysis, and how to use data for decision making;
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives.
E. Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor (5% of the time)
- Perform other tasks as necessary and given by his/her supervisor/s
- University degree (statistics, social science, development economics, or a related discipline);
- Minimum two (2) years of experience within the development / humanitarian sector;
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis;
- Proven abilities in developing monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others;
- Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian accountability principles and their translation into practice;
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills;
- An excellent database, data management, and data analysis skills, with experience using at least two software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SPSS, STATA, Epidata, Epi-Info; and
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose, and values.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 12 Months.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. However, Candidates from Gwoza LGA will be given priority